Miscellaneous NHL Talk, Part Five (2018-2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Zeke Remaldo with a bueaty of a game winner. Preds gotta have one of the best records in the league ever since lavi joined them.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nashville was pretty good before Lavi arrived, made the playoffs 7 of 8 seasons under Trotz, then two off seasons for reloading, not sure they wouldn't be as good if they kept Trotz.
Lavi was the beneficiary of one of the worst trades ever, Forsberg for trash the year before he arrived, and has the best group of top 4 defensemen in the league in their prime (28-29).
And a top goalie in Rinne.

The only real moves since he took over were Jones for Johansen, and Girard for Turris, nice to have the luxury of trading top young defensemen for assets because you have no PT for them.
Fiala and Arvidsson were taken in the 2014 draft.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I know we all understand the Goaltending has been putrid, but it's always jarring to see something like this in a proper visualization. It won't stay THAT poor. I hope.

Girard for Turris, nice to have the luxury of trading top young defensemen for assets because you have no PT for them.

Sure would be nice to have the luxury of keeping top young Defensemen's trade value high so that's an option.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Our goaltending is as bad as I expected it to be and theres only one person to blame.

20180628_204437.jpg

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Hextall is a moron for thinking a tandem of Neuvirth and Elliot is going to work out well. Neuvirth has proven that he's a good goalie but also very injury prone and not trustworthy. Elliot is a systems goalie, if you play the right system he'll do what you want but otherwise sucks.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I like Hextall, but some of this is on him for not fixing the goaltending short term until Hart is ready. Elliot, Nuevy, Pickard ect are all patchwork goalies. I have said it numerous times. I dont trust any of our goalies. Most fans dont. You really wonder if the team in front of them dont trust them either even if they wont admit it out loud.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I like Hextall, but some of this is on him for not fixing the goaltending short term until Hart is ready. Elliot, Nuevy, Pickard ect are all patchwork goalies. I have said it numerous times. I dont trust any of our goalies. Most fans dont. You really wonder if the team in front of them dont trust them either even if they wont admit it out loud.

Doubt Hextall does either, he does know a little about playing goal. :sarcasm:

Who was available this offseason who was an upgrade?
Grubauer? Backup in Colorado, an upgrade over Pickard but not starting material
Hutton, McElhinney, Kuemper, Lehtonen, uh, no thanks.
Lehner is the one he missed, but last year he was 14-26-9 .908%

You pretty much either grow your own, or wait until a really good prospect becomes unaffordable to keep as a backup so their team deals them, and then you're talking 1st rd pick plus. And these guys only become available every other year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad