Miscellaneous NHL Talk, Part Five (2018-2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AAA Midget was the highest for me. Once I went to University, I was "off hockey" for a bit...was burnt out.

But being 16 and going to Quebec City and to my first bar...highlights and lowlights! Glad no cell phones back then!

Hitchhiked to Quebec City at 19, fell in with some separatists who cut me a break b/c I was American, but told me I had to speak French the next time I came - took me to a bar where I saw a women do amazing things with her lips . . . without teeth. However, what really got my attention were the Brassiere's at the metro stops, get plastered on the way home from work and never a DUI.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's so much coal dust in the air that it would turn into a giant barbecue (cess)pit, and can you imagine all those filthy *** towels roasting? ****'s sake, that would be vile.

Got to get out of St Louis, they cleaned out Pittsburgh decades ago, now it's a post-industrial city with air cleaner than Northeast cities.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hitchhiked to Quebec City at 19, fell in with some separatists who cut me a break b/c I was American, but told me I had to speak French the next time I came - took me to a bar where I saw a women do amazing things with her lips . . . without teeth. However, what really got my attention were the Brassiere's at the metro stops, get plastered on the way home from work and never a DUI.
Hahahaha

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
On nights like that I wanna go to main boards and say that Mathew and McDavid suck ass.
and watch shit unfold...

mmxwnHm.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Saw this on the main boards and had to share. Any Flyers fans ever real this way under Hak?

"I’m more pleased with him(Filppula) defensively and in the penalty kill. He’s been a treat to watch for the isles. Really smart 2way player with skill. Obviously I don’t expect him to keep up the points and goal scoring pace but he’s been really good all around non the less.

This is the most structured I’ve seen an islanders team play in a long time. The roster isn’t a juggernaut but Trotz has them playing complete games for 60 min."

Oh...and this interesting take:

"Filppula has elite coachability. Combine that with an elite coach and he's going to do well.

For an opposite example, see his time with Flyers. A terrible coach makes Filppula terrible as well. Filppula is a great coach competence indicator."

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Saw this on the main boards and had to share. Any Flyers fans ever real this way under Hak?

"I’m more pleased with him(Filppula) defensively and in the penalty kill. He’s been a treat to watch for the isles. Really smart 2way player with skill. Obviously I don’t expect him to keep up the points and goal scoring pace but he’s been really good all around non the less.

This is the most structured I’ve seen an islanders team play in a long time. The roster isn’t a juggernaut but Trotz has them playing complete games for 60 min."

"Filppula has elite coachability. Combine that with an elite coach and he's going to do well.

For an opposite example, see his time with Flyers. A terrible coach makes Filppula terrible as well. Filppula is a great coach competence indicator."

It really is time to fire Hak but who coaches them the rest of the year? There is no one you are replacing hak with that is trotz like. And even if you do, its almost to late to implement a new system with success.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It really is time to fire Hak but who coaches them the rest of the year? There is no one you are replacing hak with that is trotz like. And even if you do, its almost to late to implement a new system with success.

Teams change coaches in-season all of the damned time and more often than not the team gets a boost. Anyway, it can't be much worse than what we're seeing right now, which is death by mediocrity. Hak is a bad coach. He's never going to be a good coach. Move on.

That said, I'm still not expecting any changes until after the season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I agree there is no one like Trotz. We should have outbid NYI without issue to get him.

As for the rest if what you said, disagree 100%. Many in season hires have been able to turn around teams with their different way of seeing things. New voice. guys in doghouses get new lease on life.

With the whole media shit on Hak, HO knows fans are getting antsy for a move behind the bench. But I can also say that Hextall has done Hak no favours in giving him a good goalie last year and this one so far. And no help on D. So they are both to blame. And so far, Hex has stood right by Hak. Let's see if that continues....but it's on Hextall to fix issues he controls.

Like Hak did not make Folin trip. Or make Jake stop skating on 2 goals against. Or make Pickard late to cover the post. Or Hagg weak on Atkinson. Or....

But I have said before that Hextall likely only gets 1 coaching fire/hire until it's his turn. So in self preservation, delaying the Hak firing also delays his own clock from starting. But he missed the boat in being able to upgrade to Trotz.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The lack of consistency in arguments on here is kind of amazing, especially based on tiny sample sizes. No one last year claimed Flip was being coached wrong; just that he was being played too much because Hak loves vets. And of course, there was the standard berating of Hextall for acquiring a totally washed up vet who couldn't play anymore in the first place, even though he also got two picks (Sushko and Kalynuk) in the deal.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Wait a couple months.
Filppula is washed up, Trotz can't change that reality.
Corsi 37.3%, CorsiRel -8.2, E +/- -1.3.
Another coach who lies about his players. Shocking, I know.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Filp is shooting at 57.1 percent. Anybody who doesn’t realize that and what that means isn’t the brightest debater of the bunch.

Reactions: Asnito

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Filp is shooting at 57.1 percent. Anybody who doesn’t realize that and what that means isn’t the brightest debater of the bunch.

What do you mean? That is pretty sustainable if he's only taking open net shots. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad