Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
xen·o·pho·bi·a
Dictionary result for xenophobia

/ˌzenəˈfōbēə,ˌzēnəˈfōbēə/
noun
  1. dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
Pro tip: Making broad negative generalizations about people from other countries is indeed xenophobic. :laugh:
I wasn’t debating how he used the word or the context, I was simply pointing out the over use of the word these days

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I wasn’t debating how he used the word or the context, I was simply pointing out the over use of the word these days

So, randomly, for no reason at all, you just decided to blurt out something completely irrelevant to the topic of discussion? Um, okaaaaay.....

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
cherry_don11.jpg

I think you checked off about every stereotype here.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.
If you carefully read my post, the point is/was that just about every NA player in the NHL has as their main goal to win the SC. They know that winning the Cup will bring the money. There are some NAs who do just chase the dollar but they are not the rule. As for the non NAs, many are motivated to win the Cup. However there are those, more than NAs, who have been mercenary.
It's a cultural thing; they're raised where the Cup is not the ultimate goal. Winning international competitions is. What do you think made Forsberg a hero in Sweden? Winning the SC or leading his country to the victories in the various international competitions? When the Red Wings started their dynasty with their heavily Russian roster, the Russians wanted to win the Cup/championship predominantly to prove that Russian hockey was as good as any in the world. The money was good but pride in Russian hockey was a strong motivator.
Going back to Panarin, what will be his primary motivator-money or the SC?

Last edited:
Reactions: Domino666

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Stereotypes exist for a reason.
If you carefully read my post, the point is/was that just about every NA player in the NHL has as their main goal to win the SC. They know that winning the Cup will bring the money. There are some NAs who do just chase the dollar but they are not the rule. As for the non NAs, many are motivated to win the Cup. However there are those, more than NAs, who have been mercenary.
It's a cultural thing; they're raised where the Cup is not the ultimate goal. Winning international competitions is. What do you think made Forsberg a hero in Sweden? Winning the SC or leading his country to the victories in the various international competitions? When the Red Wings started their dynasty with their heavily Russian roster, the Russians wanted to win the Cup/championship predominantly to prove that Russian hockey was as good as any in the world. The money was good but pride in Russian hockey was a strong motivator.
Going back to Panarin, what will be his primary motivator-money or the SC?

So again what does that have to do with Panarin other then making the mistake of being born somewhere else? He signed with Chicago when he had a choice in the matter & they were considered a high tier team at that time. Wouldn’t that lead credence that the quality of the team & ability to win played some part in the decision?

Or we just to continue to accuse him of things based off nothing other than he was born somewhere where some guys before him carried similar traits?

If Ron Hextall of all people nearly traded for the guy. I think we can put it to rest because that guy loved himself some character to a fault.

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Go back and read dats, deadhead and hatcher’s posts. They raised the question of whether or not Panarin was more than a mercenary; willing to play both ends of the ice; etc. You may not agree with their assessments but I believe they are legitimate things to consider when an organization is going to lay out the money that he is going to demand.
I’ve seen him play with the ‘Hawks and wondered why they were willing to give up on him? Now the situation in Columbus has blown up for both Bobrovsky and him during a PO run. Perhaps it’s playing for Torts or something else but these guys look like less than stellar teammates. If these two were currently members of the Flyers, and doing/saying what they have, how would the fans view things? Probably as selfish guys.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You don’t dominate possession like Panarin does if you shut it down outside of the offensive zone. That’s not to confuse him with Bergeron but it still falls under the stereotype.

He didn’t trade himself to Columbus. He signed his extension with Chicago & they traded him. He didn’t have any say in the mattter as he didn’t have trade protection. So his contract is now expiring, he’s UFA, & he wants to explore his options very possibly elsewhere. Why is team movement not an issue but player movement is?

It doesn’t really matter what fans think. Fans are irrational & think players should bow down to them. It’s sucks when you lose a player but it is what it is. Columbus isn’t exactly a destination city so that’s just reality.

Another thing with Panarin too is that his significant other is a model so that’s factoring into his desire to be on the coasts.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I still don’t think EK leaves SJ.
You very well could be right about Skinner Magua. I still think they need to add a big time scoring winger who can score from anywhere on the ice and off the rush. Maybe Skinner isnt the answer. But if Panarin is unattainable then they need to find other options. Maybe use some of our assets to acquire one?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pierre’s just getting blasted on twitter right now by some SJW’s. :laugh:

The whole putting people down there by the glass with him with no broadcasting experience is just a bad idea. He’s just so damn awkward & doesn’t know how to naturally lead someone through it even if they do know/play hockey like this girl. Sarandon, Kendricks, & NASCAR drivers you had not knowing shit about hockey on top of lack of broadcasting experience were even bigger shitshows.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Go back and read dats, deadhead and hatcher’s posts. They raised the question of whether or not Panarin was more than a mercenary; willing to play both ends of the ice; etc. You may not agree with their assessments but I believe they are legitimate things to consider when an organization is going to lay out the money that he is going to demand.
I’ve seen him play with the ‘Hawks and wondered why they were willing to give up on him? Now the situation in Columbus has blown up for both Bobrovsky and him during a PO run. Perhaps it’s playing for Torts or something else but these guys look like less than stellar teammates. If these two were currently members of the Flyers, and doing/saying what they have, how would the fans view things? Probably as selfish guys.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Pierre’s just getting blasted on twitter right now by some SJW’s. :laugh:

The whole putting people down there by the glass with him with no broadcasting experience is just a bad idea. He’s just so damn awkward & doesn’t know how to naturally lead someone through it even if they do know/play hockey like this girl. Sarandon, Kendricks, & NASCAR drivers you had not knowing **** about hockey on top of lack of broadcasting experience were even bigger ****shows.
He made it seem like they just picked her up off the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad