Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 11 (not II) - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The fan reaction will make it easier for Columbus to pull the trigger on a Panarin trade. He’d be one hell of a rental for a Cup contender.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Just stay away from Panarin and his mercenary attitude. He is the prototypical highly talented locker room cancer who demands big bucks and term and then leaves for the KHL once things are not going his way.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The worry I'd have with Panarin is whether he's willing to play defense, he doesn't have to be great, but he has to be good enough not to negate some of his offense - we're talking paying him $10-11M, so he has to be more than good. But it seems he has improved over his four years in the NHL.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Just stay away from Panarin and his mercenary attitude. He is the prototypical highly talented locker room cancer who demands big bucks and term and then leaves for the KHL once things are not going his way.
Yep hot garbage.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

So he’s a bad guy because he’s using his right to go to UFA to get paid? o_O

He’s also making his intentions known a month before the deadline to give Columbus trade options.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Disagree. He has the right to leave. He is not a slave to the organization. I wouldn't want to spend any more time than necessary in Ohio either.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Every player on every team should take a discount. You’re playing right into what an organization wants you to believe. That the player is being greedy. Instead think of it as the owner/team being cheap. The player earns that right to be a UFA and then he is ridiculed for actually testing the market. Stupidity.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Man you people are terrible.

Panarin is legit game changing forward who we would only pay. No assets involved. He creates more than he needs to defend. The good far out weight the bad with him.
if we can bringhim in and dump jvr ill be in heaven

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It’d be nonsensical to trade for Panarin. Fletcher (rightfully IMO) said he wouldn’t be trading for expiring contracts. And I think Panarin already knows where he wants to go as a UFA.

I’m sure a top contender will be willing to pay a pretty penny to rent him for the playoffs (& maybe hope to re-sign him afterward), but that’s not Philly.

Reactions: Tripod

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Columbus at least has choice now with him & Bob. Either they keep the two for a run or they trade them before the deadline.

It sucks for Columbus & their fans but those two are free to pursue their best interests.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Columbus will keep both for their playoff run and then lose both on July 1st. The most I can see happening is their rights traded for picks after the season ends.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Just lol. Panarin has always been known as a great locker room guy and fan favorite. He's signed the contract with Chicago, not Columbus. He's honestly playing for the Jackets and he owes them nothing.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If the Flyers hire Q I can see The Bread Man’s interest in coming to Philly go from ehh to yes, again I could be wrong but I believe when he was asked if he’d okay for Chicago again he said yes because of Q

Reactions: TheKingPin

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It’d be nonsensical to trade for Panarin. Fletcher (rightfully IMO) said he wouldn’t be trading for expiring contracts. And I think Panarin already knows where he wants to go as a UFA.

I’m sure a top contender will be willing to pay a pretty penny to rent him for the playoffs (& maybe hope to re-sign him afterward), but that’s not Philly.

Legit question. Has any team ever done anything w/ a high TDL rental? Seems it never works

Best to make moves in the summer when you have a full year ahead of you imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad