Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The reference to July 1/2011 was about Burke going to Afghanistan to visit the Canadian troops. Simmons (and a lot of others) felt he should have been at home July 1 seeing that's free agent frenzy day. He could have visited the troops another time.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
And people think we should trade for him :shakehead

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy just as much as everyone else does. But his best years are behind him and his injuries are catching up to him now

Or his injury problems have been resolved now since he's had the surgery. I can't imagine he'd want to come back here, anyway. He's healthy for the first time in years, he's got his cup, he's likely playing on the second line and the entire team has returned from last year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
https://twitter.com/NaokoFunayama/status/290475324540592131

This is who I would target next year if Bryz doesn't play up to standards and is bought out.

I wouldn't. I don't trust a 38 year old to take a year off from hockey and come back strong afterwards.

Of course, when he was 35 I didn't trust him to come back from major surgery and put on a dominant performance. So maybe I should stop doubting Thomas.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
What was Carolina thinking? They got Westgarth from LA, a guy who would have been in the minors, for Anthony Stewart, a 4th and a 6th. The insanity continues...

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
What was Carolina thinking? They got Westgarth from LA, a guy who would have been in the minors, for Anthony Stewart, a 4th and a 6th. The insanity continues...
Well, they got a goon that loses most of his fights for a guy who can actually be useful. Plus, they lost draft picks. I don't get this one, either.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Thomas Hickey is on waivers.

Let's pick him up

im not as high on him as some Kings are but I wouldnt have an issue in picking him up. I am guessing he is out of options and LA needs to put him on waivers to keep him in Manchester.

EDIT: who ever claims him needs to keep him on the pro roster. The Flyers have a logjam already there, not sure the Flyers make the claim IMO

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
im not as high on him as some Kings are but I wouldnt have an issue in picking him up. I am guessing he is out of options and LA needs to put him on waivers to keep him in Manchester.

EDIT: who ever claims him needs to keep him on the pro roster. The Flyers have a logjam already there, nit sure the Flyers make the claim IMO

Yup, that's my understanding as well.

Islanders or Detroit would seem to make some sense. Maybe Edmonton.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen
Was told four payments of $14.99 each for Center Ice. Didn't believe tweet about it being free. Good reason to not believe..

KingKopitar11*

I dont watch much east coast games and I noticed something about Pens fans. I want you guys to clarify since you are their rivals, but is James Neal really that good? Why is he considered an untouchable? I think they make him way too much of a big deal, but I am not sure, so I ask you guys, is he the real deal or do they just hype him way too much?

KingKopitar11*

Yes they are, but you could put many other wingers on that line and they wont be able to pot 40 goals.

Neal is a legit sniper in my opinion, and they robbed Dallas blind.

But what about Kunitz he was average now they make him out more than he was when he joined the team. I think Krishna has a point. Both players didn't have much until they joined the pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad