Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'd love to have Subban I know a lot on this board don't like him, but I think I would offer him a contract similair to that. I think he deserves it. I know thats an unpopular opinion but I really do think hes worth that.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't think he's earned 8m a year just yet

I'd start thinking hard about an offer if it was over 6.5m

Not for nothing, but 8 years and $56 million is $7 million/year.

I dont think he has earned it, but you also have to consider that offer was put in place before the cap dropped. At this stage $6.5 is the max I would put in for Subban

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Yep, 3 years leaves O'Reilly a RFA

And how can he get out of his contract in the KHL? He has no active contract so those players werent permitted to sign deals with outclauses

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Yep, 3 years leaves O'Reilly a RFA

And how can he get out of his contract in the KHL? He has no active contract so those players werent permitted to sign deals with outclauses

I believe that I read somewhere that there was some sort of provision put into to his KHL deal that allowed him to leave if he had a bigger NHL contract.

Which sounds a bit weird.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I believe that I read somewhere that there was some sort of provision put into to his KHL deal that allowed him to leave if he had a bigger NHL contract.

Which sounds a bit weird.

Yeah, when the news broke that's what was rumored but the KHL doesn't do outclauses for any reason sans the one they allowed for locked out players

flyersguy33*

looks like we will be in buffalo Sunday for a 1230 game on nbc

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
When exactly are the GM's allowed to negotiate with players or make trades?

Exactly in the moment when the players officially ratified the new CBA?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When exactly are the GM's allowed to negotiate with players or make trades?

Exactly in the moment when the players officially ratified the new CBA?

I believe so. We're probably gonna see a lot of action in a short period. Remaining RFAs signed, probably one or two trades.

Has there been any word on the trade deadline?

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I believe so. We're probably gonna see a lot of action in a short period. Remaining RFAs signed, probably one or two trades.

Has there been any word on the trade deadline?

Nothing official, but hockey tweets been saying April 3rd for trade deadline.

SpectorsHockey
As per @Russostrib , looks like April 3 could be this season's #NHL trade deadline, though not officially confirmed yet.
11:40am - 11 Jan 13

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Didn't know where else this should go:

431373_10151216761056811_1069583078_n.jpg

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers
Leafs' fired GM Brian Burke on when he wants to get his next GM job in NHL: "Tomorrow if I can." #NHL

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I really don't understand why the Leafs would let Burke have a presser. They had to know he was seriously pissed off and he showed it by taking a few shots at new ownership. Also, he comment to Steve Simmons was worth the price of admission!

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I really don't understand why the Leafs would let Burke have a presser. They had to know he was seriously pissed off and he showed it by taking a few shots at new ownership. Also, he comment to Steve Simmons was worth the price of admission!

What'd he say?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
What'd he say?

Where to begin?

First of all, he recommended to MLSE that he stay on as an advisor and he meant for hockey ops. They agreed, then changed their mind and he's to be advisor to the board. They want separation between he and anything hockey related. He was pissed at that.

He wasn't (in his opinion) given a satisfactory answer as to why he was fired at this time. Kept telling the media to ask the people who fired him that question.

Said he hopes to go to an organization that doesn't get sold since he's 0/2 when an organization that's hired him is sold to someone else. It happened in Vancouver and now Toronto.

Said he is on the job market and if a GM job came up he'd take it tomorrow.

He kept going between complimenting and making veiled comments about ownership. The best was when Steve Simmons asked him a question (Simmons had written an article both in June of last year and a couple of days ago where everyone in the media was talking about Burke's erratic behaviour and that his marriage was on the rocks. No other reporter said this even though it sounds like it was common knowledge) and Burke said the best thing to come out of all of this was that he'd never have to speak with Simmons again. Classic!

Simmons has been tweeting since then saying they had a relationship for 25 years but on July 1/11 that ended. I am not sure what that date signifies. Have to do some looking around.

If you can watch video on tsn.ca I think the presser is there. I'm not sure if it works outside Canada.

Edit: From twitter...

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve

If you do your job the way I try to do it, telling the truth, even when the truth is uncomfortable, you're going to upset people.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2

@simmonssteve telling the truth is one thing. Being a ********* is another. Your a *********. Period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad