Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Tax question:

So typically a player has to pay taxes in the road cities for the games that they play. If you're out for the entire regular season do you collect your entire paycheck and only have to pay those taxes in the city/state that your organization is located?

Aka Kucherov plays in Florida, which doesn't have an income tax, so he gets to collect more money by sitting on his ass than playing?

I would assume that the player is still being paid as if they are on the road and would pay the applicable taxes whether they are physically there or not.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
EyomIZEXIAMniUY

I would need more two-play for that price imo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I would like to reiterate that my stance regarding Kucherov is not that the injury is fraudulent but that they thought to themselves “hmm, he’s going to miss 80% of the regular season anyway we might as well keep him out for the entire season and bolster our lineup with the LTIR space.”

They without a doubt in my mind had that thought cross their mind even if it was for a split second.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would like to reiterate that my stance regarding Kucherov is not that the injury is fraudulent but that they thought to themselves “hmm, he’s going to miss 80% of the regular season anyway we might as well keep him out for the entire season and bolster our lineup with the LTIR space.”

They without a doubt in my mind had that thought cross their mind even if it was for a split second.

Let's say this is true, because I don't think it can decidedly be declared impossible.

Good job, GM. You can work for me anytime.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Tax question:

So typically a player has to pay taxes in the road cities for the games that they play. If you're out for the entire regular season do you collect your entire paycheck and only have to pay those taxes in the city/state that your organization is located?

Aka Kucherov plays in Florida, which doesn't have an income tax, so he gets to collect more money by sitting on his ass than playing?

Players on LTIR have their contracts paid by insurance generally, not the team. So I'd imagine the insurance is paying Kucherov direct, independent of where he 'should' be playing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love the media handwringing and lauding Yzerman as a wizard and genius for essentially buying a 4th round pick. I’d like to think a million bucks would get me a little more than that but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad