Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I wonder if Colorado is acting off of specific information here because Dubnyk has been awful. They're generally a smart org.

Reactions: Striiker

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@Striiker's favorite writer gave Montour a 3rd place Norris vote in that 16-17 offensive spike IIRC.

It's just so weird and so Buffalo to acquire that archetype and then give him super tough Minutes. Who the hell knows what he is anymore?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I wonder if Colorado is acting off of specific information here because Dubnyk has been awful. They're generally a smart org.
Probably didn't want to overpay for depth but also don't want a repeat of last year's playoffs.

Johansson could be okay but is unproven. Ultimately, the obvious hope is that Grubauer stays healthy this year.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Lightning are certainly lucky that Kucherov is out the entire regular season despite practicing for weeks and not operating in any possible shady way.

They deserve to be able to add someone like Savard for their hardship.

And they are going to put Ruutu on LTIR to get the trade done.

They deal with so many injuries...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Lightning are certainly lucky that Kucherov is out the entire regular season despite practicing for weeks and not operating in any possible shady way.

They deserve to be able to add someone like Savard for their hardship.

Look, he was really hurt and is really recovering. "Imagine thinking a team WANTS its best player out for the regular season, lol. Like they'd really want to handicap themselves like that!"

Screenshot_20210410-153239_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I can't believe people genuinely think a player would sit out a season for cap purposes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Tax question:

So typically a player has to pay taxes in the road cities for the games that they play. If you're out for the entire regular season do you collect your entire paycheck and only have to pay those taxes in the city/state that your organization is located?

Aka Kucherov plays in Florida, which doesn't have an income tax, so he gets to collect more money by sitting on his ass than playing?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Tax question:

So typically a player has to pay taxes in the road cities for the games that they play. If you're out for the entire regular season do you collect your entire paycheck and only have to pay those taxes in the city/state that your organization is located?

Aka Kucherov plays in Florida, which doesn't have an income tax, so he gets to collect more money by sitting on his ass than playing?
Your conspiracy theories are off the charts. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->