Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Perhaps he would have picked here if this team hadn’t shown a pattern of picking awful players over youth.

He probably knew he wouldn’t get a fair chance. Like a certain other young defensemen who we signed out of college.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I especially like how they casually dismiss the playing time with Barkov.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that. Sure it helps a good bit playing with Barkov but fair or not Verhaeghe was likely seen as a fringe NHL talent coming into this season. I don’t think any player in the league is capable of driving up another’s play that much.

For a free agent on a two year/$1M AVV deal you take that value every day. You obviously want to know for the next extension how much is him & how much is his teammates but you should have a bigger data sample by then to gauge from & it’s not like he’s necessarily been a bum away from Barkov even if it’s a much smaller sample as of now.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We played Prosser, Braun, and Hagg last game. :(

Wyatt has 6 points in 4 AHL games.......and all 3 leading scorers for Rockford are defensemen. 2 of which (Beaudin and Kalynuk) have played 3 and 4 out of 10 games. Goofy shit right there.

Fortunately, Kalynuk was only the 15th best Flyers prospect when he left the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad