Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: "The March is On" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Wyatt has 6 points in 4 AHL games.......and all 3 leading scorers for Rockford are defensemen. 2 of which (Beaudin and Kalynuk) have played 3 and 4 out of 10 games. Goofy shit right there.

Fortunately, Kalynuk was only the 15th best Flyers prospect when he left the organization.

Where does that fall on the Hagg - Prosser defenseman axis?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He sure gave a glowing one to Skinner after scoring his 1st of the season.

:laugh:

VVCtOGV.gif

Krueger on his way out of Buffalo at this point.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Cernak just got K.O.'d. Damn.

Hawks twitter suggesting "clean hit", "clean hit to his chest", "chest was hit first", "Clean hit barley jump" [sic], and "Got this call wrong not even a penalty". Glad to see they've grown in hockey understanding since the cups, the true die-hards who stuck around.

Edit: My goodness. Check the team's official account, you can scroll through hundreds of tweets of defense before stumbling across the word 'dirty'. Is Flyers twitter this bad? I feel like we tend to eat out own more than usual.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not surprised it was that scumbag Murphy.

That was a reckless hit and he should get suspended. He should have hit through Cernaks left shoulder. There was no way to hit him in the chest from the angle.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Dear god, NBC pumping up Jack Hughes because he's an American. Guy's a bust folks. Let it goooooo

Reactions: Stizzle

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Hawks twitter suggesting "clean hit", "clean hit to his chest", "chest was hit first", "Clean hit barley jump" [sic], and "Got this call wrong not even a penalty". Glad to see they've grown in hockey understanding since the cups, the true die-hards who stuck around.

Edit: My goodness. Check the team's official account, you can scroll through hundreds of tweets of defense before stumbling across the word 'dirty'. Is Flyers twitter this bad? I feel like we tend to eat out own more than usual.

Reminds me of Steve Downie on Dean McAmmond

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Thought the same, actually.

Almost the exact same spot on the ice, Downie may have left his feet a bit more than Murphy did but it's basically the same hit. Downie was suspended for 20 games on the hit after receiving a 5 and a game. This is a preseason game in the first pro season of Downie's career, so no history prior to this.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What was wrong with that hit? Looks similar to the hit inflicted on Friedman by Friedman, that is, hit to the body that snapped the head, not a head hunting hit and not boarding.

It looks like he was trying to plant his butt into Cernak's mid-section.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
What was wrong with that hit? Looks similar to the hit inflicted on Friedman by Friedman, that is, hit to the body that snapped the head, not a head hunting hit and not boarding.

It looks like he was trying to plant his butt into Cernak's mid-section.
His shoulder/back go directly into Cernak's jaw....
While leaving his feet.... or "launching upwards into the hit" as the NHL DoPS would say.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
His shoulder/back go directly into Cernak's jaw....
While leaving his feet.... or "launching upwards into the hit" as the NHL DoPS would say.

Actually, that's not what I see, I see him hitting Cernak's midsection with his butt, but Cernak's momentum slams his upper body into the back - if anything, I think the angle was chosen to avoid boarding that might have occurred if he hits him shoulder to shoulder and spins him into the boards.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Actually, that's not what I see, I see him hitting Cernak's midsection with his butt, but Cernak's momentum slams his upper body into the back - if anything, I think the angle was chosen to avoid boarding that might have occurred if he hits him shoulder to shoulder and spins him into the boards.
I'm not sure how you can watch that and say he hit him in his mid-section, he's clearly launching into the hit which leads to a higher point of contact.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Because Cernak's upper body hits his back, he pushed his butt into Cernak but actually leaned away from him with his upper body.
He could have easily lead with his shoulder and potentially made a much more physical and dangerous hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce