Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: The "like literally" mid-February 2021 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
By the way, time for a dedicated trade thread?

With the Flyers likely to be buyers, seeing a Nashville scout at the Phantoms game, ... which Scandi-Pred is Fletch most likely to land? Ekholm, Granlund, or Forsberg?

There would be significant interest around the league from many teams, all similarly cap-strapped, some needier and likely to pay much more for a defenseman. Can see all three being a great fit in the lineup!

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
During the last broadcast Jones said that Eichel looked on the ice like PLD did before he was traded. Maybe his ankle injury was that severe and he was playing to show captain leadership or maybe he knows he's out of there. The Rags have always coveted him. Perhaps there is a deal in the making. Would Lafreniere, Shesterkin, Miller and a couple of #1s do the job?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
During the last broadcast Jones said that Eichel looked on the ice like PLD did before he was traded. Maybe his ankle injury was that severe and he was playing to show captain leadership or maybe he knows he's out of there. The Rags have always coveted him. Perhaps there is a deal in the making. Would Lafreniere, Shesterkin, Miller and a couple of #1s do the job?
Yeah they definitely have some ammo if they include Laf. Chytil is a nice player they could throw in too.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

Well... they’ve already got Panarin and Zibanejad and Fox will be due significant raises shortly. Not sure how they’d make that work

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, I heard Jones' Eichel/Dubois comparison. He really didn't hold back lol.

I can definitely see the Rangers being interested in Eichel. As soon as a star player is on the market you can bet that the Rangers are one of the first teams to make an offer.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
NYR would never offer that much for Eichel.

Shest is their #1 for the next decade, he won't go anywhere. Geo...now that makes sense given the Sabres need a goalie and he will be in a backup role for NY.

I don't think the Sabres will get someone like Laf in a deal, honestly. I think they will get a 60-70 point guy then some picks and a prospect on a Frost level. JMO.

Hmmm....watch NY trade Geo in a deal for Eichel....then sign Lundqvist next year as their backup. Let the King retire as a NYR.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think Kakko would be in the deal. Top pick still early in his development that can be there for a long time and you have no issue moving him for Eichel.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Frédéric Allard at eliteprospects.com

Top PPG for AHL defensemen with at least 5 games. Like him even more now that I know they were going to throw Friedman out with the trash anyway.

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVII: Pre-Lockout Edition

And Seth Jarvis is leading the AHL in scoring. Glad the league let him slide to the Canes at 13.
It’s unreal because I haven’t kept track of prospects but he was the one player I was hoping the flyers would somehow draft... and of course carolina grabbed him. What can you do eh

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It’s unreal because I haven’t kept track of prospects but he was the one player I was hoping the flyers would somehow draft... and of course carolina grabbed him. What can you do eh
Definitely didn't see this coming. He was only the best forward in the WHL last year and had one of the most productive draft year seasons in the history of the WHL.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
NYR would never offer that much for Eichel.

Shest is their #1 for the next decade, he won't go anywhere. Geo...now that makes sense given the Sabres need a goalie and he will be in a backup role for NY.

I don't think the Sabres will get someone like Laf in a deal, honestly. I think they will get a 60-70 point guy then some picks and a prospect on a Frost level. JMO.

Hmmm....watch NY trade Geo in a deal for Eichel....then sign Lundqvist next year as their backup. Let the King retire as a NYR.
I think that the Lindros trade would be the model that the Sabres would try to use in an Eichel trade. Young talent up the middle and high draft choices. Top young center, defenseman, goalie, picks and whatever fringe players to make the money work.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think that the Lindros trade would be the model that the Sabres would try to use in an Eichel trade. Young talent up the middle and high draft choices. Top young center, defenseman, goalie, picks and whatever fringe players to make the money work.
Yes...but Eichel is not Lindros. And due to the cap, picks/prospects are more valued then ever. Just look at JVR....he is viewed as a cap dump by half this board and most on the main boards despite being a reliable 25-30 goal and 25-30 assist guy.

They will 100% try and land a C because they need a replacement....even if it's a lesser one, which it will be. But they won't get the equivalent of:

#1RW with star upside
#1 goalie with Vezina upside
a likely top 4 goalie
and then 2 first on top of it

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

There's just no chance for a Lindros style return. Free agency, the salary cap, and a million other things are preventing that, including the fact that the Sabres can't just sit on him for a year. Teams will use his unhappiness against them to leverage the price down. He should still get a hell of a return but I think they'll be lucky to get three really good young assets for him, none of which will be in his league. A 1st round pick, a really good young roster player, and a team's best prospect. Something like that.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
My point wasn’t that the Sabres would get the same return that Quebec received for Lindros but that they would want/need a similar return- a center, defenseman, goalie an multiple picks for Eichel. The Sabres need players to round out a roster that would make them competitive. They surely aren’t that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad