Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: The "like literally" mid-February 2021 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
And Seth Jarvis is leading the AHL in scoring. Glad the league let him slide to the Canes at 13.

Counterpoint.

i

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
His contract expires at the end of the year. So he’ll probably survive. No point in paying another coach for like 20 more games or so when your team is likely just poor regardless of coach.
Unless there was a coach they wanted. If they wanted Gallant (for example), Torts would be fired.

No sense firing Torts now, if there's no one on the market that Jarmo covets today.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Still think LA has the most trade chips/cap space to realistically make an Eichel trade work.

- Byfield
- Turcotte
- Anderson-Dolan
- Bjornfot
- Kupari
- Kaliyev
- Madden
- Fagemo
- Thomas
- Spence
- Klague

I’d have to imagine Brown, Carter, or Quick would have to go the other way for salary/cap work some.

They’re in a weird spot with Kopitar & Doughty still there on big deals but the rest of the team isn’t really good. I guess it would come down to how much they think Eichel & what’s left from a trade could fill the gaps there.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Still think LA has the most trade chips/cap space to realistically make an Eichel trade work.

- Byfield
- Turcotte
- Anderson-Dolan
- Bjornfot
- Kupari
- Kaliyev
- Madden
- Fagemo
- Thomas
- Spence
- Klague

I’d have to imagine Brown, Carter, or Quick would have to go the other way for salary/cap work some.

They’re in a weird spot with Kopitar & Doughty still there on big deals but the rest of the team isn’t really good. I guess it would come down to how much they think Eichel & what’s left from a trade could fill the gaps there.
How dare you leave off my boy Vilardi!

Also my Duchene is bad juju feels continues to be validated.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

- Byfield
- Turcotte
- Anderson-Dolan
- Bjornfot
- Kupari
- Kaliyev
- Madden
- Fagemo
- Thomas
- Spence
- Klague

LA could get it done. Florida could, too, though their first round pick can't match LA's first if LA includes it.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I’d make most of the in system talent available in a trade for Eichel—NHL and otherwise.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If JVR gets claimed by Seattle, he'll more than likely be converted to wing. Generally how backed up the top 9 is for the Flyers is kinda crazy.

Unless Patrick continues to not produce. Laughton is a goner. That opens up 3C for Frost.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Meh. Wish I shared your enthusiasm for Patrick and Frost.

Could definitely do worse than having Frost/Patrick as 3/4 C next season. They can get Patrick on another cheap one year deal, and Frost is still on his entry deal - so it's not like it would be a costly solution.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It could be that Laczynski is going to come on to this roster and challenge some assumptions that have been made about the Flyers' center position. Actually I hope that they bring him up soon and see what he can do. After last night's performance I'd bring up Zamula and Hogberg as well and play them. Not much to lose by doing this. Something has to be done to light a fire under some of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad