Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: Off-Seasoning III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingjmusicman

Jan 4, 2016
The more I read this speculation about contracts the more I hope Hextall is on a remote island watching videos of him attacking Chelios....

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Hahaha, haven't been on since late May or really followed any sports for that matter. Found out yesterday about the trades.

@Oilers :biglaugh:
@Canadiens :laugh:

Thankfully, the Flyers don't have Weber's massive contract on their books!

@Landeskog Would trade Schenn or Simmonds for him as the basis of a deal

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hextall has laid out his strategy: wait for the frenzy to subside and offer team-friendly contracts to the guys who didn't get a big payday. I'm good with that. Nothing wrong, though, with contacting agents of the players with whom he is most interested and making reasonable offers.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Travis Yost
‏@travisyost
Defenseman Patrick Wiercioch will be signing with the Colorado Avalanche.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Well the good thing is if Hexy doesn't move out salary during the next few weeks we know exactly what will be gone next year. Well more than likely at least. Streit and his 5.25 million for sure.

Then look at Read and Macdonald as players who could possibly be taken by Vegas. I would think Read more than Macdonald though. Next year MacDonald only has three years left on the deal as well. He might be a little easier to trade at that point, especially if we retain 1.5 million to bring his cap hit to 3.5.

I just want to see action but I understand what Hexy is doing. We still have this year to try and eliminate the crappy deals we are under. After next year we could try to make a splash as well because more than likely Provo, Sanheim, Morin and Ghost will be all cheap and on our backline. Well expect Ghost but hopefully they sign him to a cheaper long term extension today.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
More then anything i just want to see a bad contract moved out. Im not the patient type so the quicker we can move the bad contracts out and get back to competing the better.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Woooo

By the way. I had no time to respond to you in the last thread - but. Yes, saying "D corpse" is the only explanation for NJD fans right now :laugh:

They really dug another hole to fill an already exisiting one with that trade. I imagine they might look to do something today on the back end (without checking their cap space).

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
More then anything i just want to see a bad contract moved out. Im not the patient type so the quicker we can move the bad contracts out and get back to competing the better.

How does moving a bad contract out, by itself, improve the team? There's really no rush, given that the premium UFAs are likely to be gone or overpaid.

If a trade presents itself that requires moving cap, retention on Streit should offer enough flexibility.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How does moving a bad contract out, by itself, improve the team? There's really no rush, given that the premium UFAs are likely to be gone or overpaid.

If a trade presents itself that requires moving cap, retention on Streit should offer enough flexibility.

Streit won't get traded until the other "free" D are scooped up. But as we said before, if Streit is traded, who plays the right side on our 3rd pairing?

We too would need to add someone.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

Cap Space to actually get better players and not have to retain salary in trades, the ability to sign free agents (not this year).

Im all for drafting and building, but to be able to fill roster holes would help.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Read and MacDonald are the only overpayment contracts that go past 16-17, and we need guys like them to expose in the expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad