Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Look at this lovely guy:

051016-San-Jose-Sharks-Jo-Pawvelski.vadapt.664.high.71.jpg

How could you not root for his team? Bring this one home for Joe Paw-velski, Sharks!

On a related note, Pens suck. Classic Good vs Evil, this one

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
When Devils made the Finals against the Kings a couple years ago there were tix on stubhub for 60 dollars. In the SCF. Had I found someone to go with I would have taken a ride up to see it.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Just look at Malkin and Crosby and their pathetic beards compared to Thornton and Burns. Girls v Men.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So lets talk about hockey or playoff beards, not this other junk. I dont expect any of you to go to the Pittsburgh forum and start trolling should they lose this series.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I just want the Pens to lose. Honestly, I really do think that since the Sharks made the St. Louis/Nashville defense and goaltending look like fools, in terms of offense, that they could easily decimate the Pens.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Come on Sharks you can do this... I shudder thinking about what pains in the ass the Pens fan base will be if they take this one

Illinest

Jan 7, 2008
Harrisburg
I have a story for you guys. I'm being totally sincere btw...

When I was 17 years old I borrowed my Dad's Honda, brought my 12 year-old brother with me and we drove almost 2 hours to see the Pens and Flyers play at the Spectrum. I guess it must have been the 96-97 season. I didn't have a Penguins Jersey so I wore a Rod Woodson Steelers replica. My dad and I warned my little brother about the scary Flyers fans but he was too awesome to be scared. He put on a generic Penguins t-shirt and off we went.
We got there a little early, we got some steaks (holla!) and then on to the arena. Jagr scored a goal but the Flyers won the game pretty convincingly. On the way out we got trash and empty beer cups thrown at our heads, and it was awesome.

I eventually made it out to other cities. Most fan-bases don't care as much as you guys do. I saw the Pens beat the Caps in Washington and got barely even a dirty look. Their fans don't love their team the way you guys do. I could tell this story to my west coast friends and they'd take it all wrong. I figure I could've got my ass beat that day but I didn't. I also could've worn some other shirt that day, but I didn't.

I hope you guys don't ever stop hating. I will celebrate the Flyers final loss of the season every year. The rivalry is good because we dislike each other. Enforced politeness is... whatever, but right now I really just want some Flyers fans telling me to get bent.

Pens in 7. You're all invited to our victory parade.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a story for you guys. I'm being totally sincere btw...

When I was 17 years old I borrowed my Dad's Honda, brought my 12 year-old brother with me and we drove almost 2 hours to see the Pens and Flyers play at the Spectrum. I guess it must have been the 96-97 season. I didn't have a Penguins Jersey so I wore a Rod Woodson Steelers replica. My dad and I warned my little brother about the scary Flyers fans but he was too awesome to be scared. He put on a generic Penguins t-shirt and off we went.
We got there a little early, we got some steaks (holla!) and then on to the arena. Jagr scored a goal but the Flyers won the game pretty convincingly. On the way out we got trash and empty beer cups thrown at our heads, and it was awesome.

I eventually made it out to other cities. Most fan-bases don't care as much as you guys do. I saw the Pens beat the Caps in Washington and got barely even a dirty look. Their fans don't love their team the way you guys do. I could tell this story to my west coast friends and they'd take it all wrong. I figure I could've got my ass beat that day but I didn't. I also could've worn some other shirt that day, but I didn't.

I hope you guys don't ever stop hating. I will celebrate the Flyers final loss of the season every year. The rivalry is good because we dislike each other. Enforced politeness is... whatever, but right now I really just want some Flyers fans telling me to get bent.

Pens in 7. You're all invited to our victory parade.

Well in that case screw you :laugh:

But yeah, of course there's good and bad in every fanbase. There's real, good Pens fans just like there's bad ones. There's good Flyers fans, and there's idiots who embarrass the fanbase. I can't speak for everyone else, but to me it's all good fun. I can't stand a good percentage of pretty much every fanbase, but I can at least respect the fandom of real Pens fans. We'll won't be best buds and I'm always going to wish the worst for your team, just like you'll wish the worst for the Flyers, like it should be. So bad luck in the Finals and I hope the Sharks crush both body and spirit. ;)

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
I'm from mass, but i've played a lot of hockey in PA. To me PA is just incredibly boring in general. Driving across all of PA is the worst, just emptiness and trees. Pitt and Phili are just bleh compared to Boston. Honestly Providence, RI is a lot better than Pitt and Phili.

I will say one thing though, those hoagies at 4am can make a mans day[/QUOTE

Providence is Better than Philadelphia?

You're on crack.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Sharks PP the difference maker.

Shark D is deeper and has more quality too. Let's hope they pull it off. Pens' speed shouldn't make as much impact on a fast Shark team.

Plus Peter DeBoer knows the Pens very well from his time in NJ.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I am going out to the west coast this summer, will be stopping in the Bay Area along the way. Going to get a Pavelski shirt after he wins the Con Smythe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad