Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
They'll win (or lose) the Cup and trade Malkin to make up for some of their losses this off-season.

They wont get the return for him they're hoping cause of his cap hit. They'll trade Fleury instead.

I could see them trading Fleury to Dallas for whichever goalie is more of a backup. Probably trade Bennett for a pick, Kunitz, for a pick, and bring up Sprong. They'll be good next year, maybe more skilled, but somebody by that point will have a game-plan to make their system less effective.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They wont get the return for him they're hoping cause of his cap hit. They'll trade Fleury instead.

I could see them trading Fleury to Dallas for whichever goalie is more of a backup. Probably trade Bennett for a pick, Kunitz, for a pick, and bring up Sprong. They'll be good next year, maybe more skilled, but somebody by that point will have a game-plan to make their system less effective.

And the new coach bounce will have worn off.
And the attrition of Crosby complaining to everyone on the bench will have months more to build.
And Fat Phil will have eaten about a gazillion Doug Harvey cheeseburgers.
I can't wait until they fall back to Earth. It can't come soon enough.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Rutherford is not a long-term sort of GM. It will be interesting to see how long Pittsburgh holds onto him if this bid fails, and next year as well.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Marleau has been one of my favorite players for a long time. Not really sure why, but he has. Go Sharks, for more reasons than just that.

Cause he's a class guy. Had the C removed, stayed a good solider. Had the A removed, stayed a good solider. And have you seen those SJS Christmas videos, pure gold.

Guy has a great smile, in that it's memorable, and awkward, looks stressed, but he's relaxed. And he doesn't suck, which is probably the biggest factor. Old man still plays at a high level, #1 reason.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Talking about C removed, looks like Brown is no longer captain of the Kings.
Another bad contract they'll try to get rid of.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cause he's a class guy. Had the C removed, stayed a good solider. Had the A removed, stayed a good solider. And have you seen those SJS Christmas videos, pure gold.

Guy has a great smile, in that it's memorable, and awkward, looks stressed, but he's relaxed. And he doesn't suck, which is probably the biggest factor. Old man still plays at a high level, #1 reason.

Why are we talking about his smile again?

kingjmusicman

Jan 4, 2016
Having seen how lethargic the Pens (and Lightning) looked the last 25 minutes of the game last night and played red light green light during a power play in the 3rd no clue how anyone thinks the Pens have a reasonable chance. a puncher's chance yes but little else. sharks are basically humming for 60, not sputtering like a Subaru Justy....

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
CjfNxtyWgAEeMS-.jpg

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
Yeah its not a great city, lived there for a little while, and was bored out of my mind. Not that it doesnt have its moments, but they were few and far between.

I'm from mass, but i've played a lot of hockey in PA. To me PA is just incredibly boring in general. Driving across all of PA is the worst, just emptiness and trees. Pitt and Phili are just bleh compared to Boston. Honestly Providence, RI is a lot better than Pitt and Phili.

I will say one thing though, those hoagies at 4am can make a mans day

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, PA is a state that gets boring fast when you're driving. Either it's open fields of farm crap, or you're locked in between two walls of rock.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm from mass, but i've played a lot of hockey in PA. To me PA is just incredibly boring in general. Driving across all of PA is the worst, just emptiness and trees. Pitt and Phili are just bleh compared to Boston. Honestly Providence, RI is a lot better than Pitt and Phili.

First, it's Philly not Phili. Second, Philly is a far bigger and better city than Boston, and its not even really close.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos

Yeah man.

Trees are the worst. Clear cut and build nothing but restaurants and bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad