Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXVIII: Post Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
LOL. If Fletcher signed a center coming off 20 points (5 goals) in 56 games to a $6.1M per cap hit this board would be apoplectic, but the Canes are “God tier.”

Hold on. Don't stop and think I believe this is worth the sheet or the picks. Hell, I didn't think the Weber sheet was worth it either.

I fully supported both because of the sheer disdain for the normal order of the league on display. There's a level of chaos where I've just gotta go with it.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
News clip about former Flyer player signings overseas.
  • Former Philadelphia Flyer Taylor Leier is staying in Germany, at least for one more year. Leier left North America ahead of the 2020-21 season after playing on an AHL deal the year prior. He initially signed on with HC Ocelari Trinec in the Czech Republic, but shortly after jumped to Adler Manheim in the DEL. Leier played well, recording ten points in 20 games and contributing in the post season. He seemingly caught the eye of a rival, as the Straubing Tigers have announced a one-year deal with the forward. Leier will jump right into the action, as Straubing has preseason games beginning this week. Leier, who recorded seven points in 55 games with the Flyers, will join other former Philly NHLers Jason Akeson and Brandon Manning on the Straubing Tigers roster.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
You must be fun at parties.

Well, I did say to call me lame.

The Hurricanes twitter is the guy at parties who obnoxiously tries to make himself be known as the funny guy. And he tries it by telling the same joke that every other guy has been telling for the past decade.

It was half funny in 2012 when the Kings were the first Twitter account to do it. Now its just corny.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Bergevin's gonna wait till the last possible moment to make the decision just to f*** with canes back. Love to see it

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
GUYS THEY INCLUDED A $20 SIGNING BONUS

nicholas-cage-funny.gif
I wonder if it'll be a check or "Straight Cash Homie"

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Tired: "The Canes spent a first and a third for a rental on a player who hasn't proven himself to be anything yet!"

Wired: "The Flyers spent a first and a third on a rental player who has proven himself to be bad at hockey!"
I wish it was only a 1st and 3rd. Sadly Fletch is much much dumber than that.

Reactions: Starat327

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I actually think it’s a bad move by Carolina.

KK is at least legitimately young to plausibly have untapped potential. But that’s a hefty salary & compensation for a guy who really hasn’t shown it yet to be worth that.

———

I think they are the best ran organization in the league but they aren’t infallible. They did a Skjei deal before that didn’t make much sense before & turned out exactly bad as thought as well.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

KK is at least legitimately young to plausibly have untapped potential. But that’s a hefty salary & compensation for a guy who really hasn’t shown it yet to be worth that.

———

I think they are the best ran organization in the league but they aren’t infallible. They did a Skjei deal before that didn’t make much sense before & turned out exactly bad as thought as well.

Yes, but it is very funny.
The reality is both teams will end up with egg on their faces in all probability.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

———

There's no way in hell his performance to date is worth that, for sure. However, the Canes do have a decent history of finding value in players that others don't. They hit more than they miss, so ill give them the benefit if the doubt(unlike the Flyers who have missed more than hit recently).

At the same time, it's likely to be a mid to late first at best, more than likely out of lottery territory (kiss of death, sorry Canes fans). I think the Canes have the right mix to insulate him and put him in a good position to succeed. The revenge stuff is just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad