Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXVIII: Post Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is god tier trolling. Kotkaniemi must have a sense of humor because he signed it too! Luckily, the Canes have no real GM to whom the other GMs can piss and moan. Will we ever see an offer sheet again after this act of revenge? :laugh:

After losing Danault, can Montreal even afford to lose Kotkaniemi, unless they go retool? There's Weber too. He's been pretty shit for two regular seasons though. Besides the troll, I have no idea what to think. KK isn't even worth a third of that cap based on the last couple years. But that very good rookie campaign......and the Canes tend to maximize their players. Hockey-wise it's odd. He'd be the Canes' 3C/LW? Lot of risk to assume.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
This is god tier trolling. Kotkaniemi must have a sense of humor because he signed it too! Luckily, the Canes have no real GM to whom the other GMs can piss and moan. Will we ever see an offer sheet again after this act of revenge? :laugh:

After losing Danault, can Montreal even afford to lose Kotkaniemi, unless they go retool? There's Weber too. He's been pretty shit for two seasons though. Besides the troll, I have no idea what to think. KK isn't even worth a third of that cap based on the last couple seasons. But that very good rookie year......and the Canes tend to maximize their players. Hockey-wise it's odd. He'd be the Canes' 3C/LW?
The most troll response is probably to just not match but they basically cant. I love it. Everyone should be more like Carolina

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've been a Canes fan for a while now.

I always thought KK would be a guy to target in a Patrick trade. He's still super young. That's a hefty AAV and there's a decent chance with the QO for next year, his stay in Carolina could be short. For a lot of teams it doesn't make sense, but Carolina just knows how to build a roster and maximize their cap space and other assets. A 1+3 is a bargain compared to what was given up for Ristolainen.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
5l55ai.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad