Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LIX: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and oh the #13 Lottery Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Him and the entire rest of the team. Its almost like the coaches are making decisions that make it harder on players in the defensive end.

Have zero forward support because they jammed rockets up their asses and made way for the opposite blue line is not ideal for a defensemen like Gustafsson that isn't particularly adept at skating his way out of trouble in the dzone.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just a reminder that the Habs had the 18th most points in the NHL and 10th most in the East (1 more than the Flyers).

Aka they don't belong.
I'm going to take this a step further. The Habs also blew a three goal lead in Game Five and a two goal lead in Game Six before winning in OT before putting a team that was quaking in their boots out of their misery in Game Seven.

They then went on to sweep the team with the 14th most points in the NHL.

Quite an impressive feat.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Exactly. That shit doesn't work in beer league yet here we are trying it in the NHL.

Yep. Whenever my squad would get into that habit we would struggle and have to really hone in on coming back to support the D and move up as a closer unit. This jerkoff AV has them doing it by design in the NHL. Absolute ass-monkey.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm going to take this a step further. The Habs also blew a three goal lead in Game Five and a two goal lead in Game Six before winning in OT before putting a team that was quaking in their boots out of their misery in Game Seven.

They then went on to sweep the team with the 14th most points in the NHL.

Quite an impressive feat.

Speaking of feet, let's see what @BigToe has to say about our coaches and our organization's future.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
is that like getting a SC participction trophy ?
screen-shot-2015-06-11-at-4-08-03-pm.png

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
While on the subject, i'll actually give the Flyers credit. It took them years to add 10/11 to their Division Champions Banner. It puzzled me for years why it wasn't on the banner then just one day it showed up.

They tied the Penguins for the division lead that year but won the tiebreaker, I just assume it took so long because it was a tie and not an outright win but never rule out incompetence when it comes to the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad