I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

tenor.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Late to the party on this, but Koivu for 1 year to shore up the bottom 6?

Sign me up. It also means no Tater Tomps or Grant back. Double sign me up.

It would only make sense if they traded JVR or sold high on Laughton, and then went for an affordable stop gap. There’s just too many bodies. So, it’s hard to see it work.

Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It would only make sense if they traded JVR or sold high on Laughton, and then went for an affordable stop gap. There’s just too many bodies. So, it’s hard to see it work.
100% feel you on the too many bodies thing but good lord if this checks off the veteran hard worker box that you and I both know this organization so ravenously craves....then go for it. That means Grompson would be out. That's a win for which I'd put a blank check forward

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Yeah thats probably true

Though if Patricks status is still unclear they may want to add a stopgap C anyway...even if JVR & Laughton are around.

This is just a depth chart not lines

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Lindblom - Hayes - Konecny
JVR - Frost - Farabee
Laughton - Koivu - NAK

Raffl, Sandin, Laczysnki, Bunnaman

Thats serious depth.

Edit: added Farabee

Last edited:
Reactions: Magua

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah thats probably true

Though if Patricks status is still unclear they may want to add a stopgap C anyway...even if JVR & Laughton are around.

JVR - Frost - NAK
Laughton - Koivu - Raffl

Sandin, Laczysnki, Bunnaman

Thats serious depth.

AV is going to want an experienced center he can bury like he wanted to with Thompson. I’d rather sign Koivu to do that now than be searching at the deadline and/or bringing in Nate Thompson II. I’d be more preferential to someone who kills penalties, but that go to his linemates, he is still a higher caliber player right now than Thompson, and that is needed at what guys like Koivu and other guys I’ve mentioned do.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah thats probably true

JVR - Frost - NAK
Laughton - Koivu - Raffl

Sandin, Laczysnki, Bunnaman

Thats serious depth.

I’m not even saying it’s a bad target in a vacuum. I just don’t think it will work, and it’s possible Koivu hits a further wall but Vigneault doesn’t care. You also forgot Farabee in your lines. Just too much depth.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m not even saying it’s a bad target in a vacuum. I just don’t think it will work. You also forgot Farabee in your lines.

Oh dang. I sure did.

They're gonna trade someone.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I found out about Prust’s foundation. Can’t write this shit.....

Prusty4Kids | Prusty4Kids Website

It was back when Prust was a player for the Knights that he realized his passion to support sick kids. The team would visit the Children’s Hospital at Christmas and bring gifts, an annual gesture that inspired him to do more.

What a loser hypocrite plug. He’s probably jealous Rask makes in a year and a half what he did in his career. I’m sure Montreal wishes Prust opted out of that $10 mil bust of a deal though.

Reactions: Starat327

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

While acknowledging Pietrangelo was a little overrated as a 2-way player for much of his career, I just can’t fathom how he captains and leads them to a Cup and puts together a true Norris caliber season......and then you let him go to UFA. Right now he’s arguably better than ever.

Maybe it works out. He’s no spring chicken, perhaps the ask is too much. But how do you enter his contract year giving Faulk — an overrated meh guy — 7 years x $6.5 mil? In a vacuum that contract is bad, but with that context? Bang up job.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
While acknowledging Pietrangelo was a little overrated as a 2-way player for much of his career, I just can’t fathom how he captains and leads them to a Cup and puts together a true Norris caliber season......and then you let him go to UFA. Right now he’s arguably better than ever.

Maybe it works out. He’s no spring chicken, perhaps the ask is too much. But how do you enter his contract year giving Faulk — an overrated meh guy — 7 years x $6.5 mil? In a vacuum that contract is bad, but with that context? Bang up job.
Scandella too. There’s your 10 mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad