Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LII: Covid Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I'd just avoid Koivu all together. We have enough options internally. You know AV is going to overplay him like he did with Thompson.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I'd just avoid Koivu all together. We have enough options internally. You know AV is going to overplay him like he did with Thompson.
that's my only concern. is over playing players that are not worth the extra time. I really thought this past year was the last to take a few lumps while getting the next generation ready. make the playoffs maybe win a round not go for it, at the expense of delaying the learning curve from juniors and the Ahl to nhl.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of Pronman's most hyped prospects ever. He had Sprong as a top 5 prospect in all of hockey.

I don’t think he ever said that, I believe he said could be a top 10 player and rated him mid-1st round in his draft year

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I don’t think he ever said that, I believe he said could be a top 10 player and rated him mid-1st round in his draft year

I could be wrong, but I think Pronman had Sprong #4 in his January 2016 prospect ranking. However, I don't have an ESPN+ subscription to verify.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I could be wrong, but I think Pronman had Sprong #4 in his January 2016 prospect ranking. However, I don't have an ESPN+ subscription to verify.
I don’t either so that’s possible given Sprong made the team out of camp.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
This will be interesting, if Dallas wins, will there be a run on geriatric players. :sarcasm:

TB ran the Islanders down by matching their physical play, then out quicking them.

They have become the most balanced team in the NHL by adding forechecking forwards to a quick, skilled forward group. They always had a big defense, that got bigger and more physical with Bogosian and Schenn (as Coburn fades into the sunset).

Hedman is the most important player on this team, he's a f--- beast.

I always thought we should looks to build a team to match and beat Tampa instead of focusing on beating the team that eliminated us in the playoffs.

Maybe we can get in on the Pietrangelo sweepstakes. :laugh: We'll need to get rid of JVR for cap though.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Sprong trade tree is a funny one. He clearly has shredded the AHL and has some redeeming NHL stats. Still has a shot. Then the Penguins traded him for Pettersson, who was no sure fire hit, but has turned into a valuable top 4 piece. Then the Ducks trade Sprong to Washington for Djoos, who should never have been in the AHL and is a smart buy low.

Yay analytics?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Swing by here, we can grab a few beers and watch the game

oRyuLxy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad