Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Season, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I gottta see it to believe at this point in regards to Phoenix/Arizona relocating. This song & dance has been going on for way too long & they seemingly always find some temporary solution to prolong the inevitable.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Is there a specific reason why the Islanders are having a 9 game road trip? Seems unusually long.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I gottta see it to believe at this point in regards to Phoenix/Arizona relocating. This song & dance has been going on for way too long & they seemingly always find some temporary solution to prolong the inevitable.

I don't get why Bettman is so obsessed with keeping a team in Arizona. The team just bleeds money and hasn't been a huge market for them. Move them to Seattle/Portland and be done with it.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I don't get why Bettman is so obsessed with keeping a team in Arizona. The team just bleeds money and hasn't been a huge market for them. Move them to Seattle/Portland and be done with it.

No QC is the only way to go. We already have one new team going to Vegas, I think you take this one to Canada where you don't have to do any extra marketing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No QC is the only way to go. We already have one new team going to Vegas, I think you take this one to Canada where you don't have to do any extra marketing.

Would be brutal travel for Quebec to play in the Western Conference..which is the only thing that would make sense. With the addition of Vegas, we now have 16 in the East, 15 in the West.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
One of the reasons Quebec wasn't considered for expansion was because of the further imbalance it would cause in the conferences. There's currently 16 eastern conference teams to 14 western conference teams (Vegas will make that 15 next year).

I still think Carolina is a target for a relocation to Quebec more so than Arizona.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Carolina is probably the only chance for Quebec to get a team.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Florida needs to get relocated. Tampa is doing ok, but even the Florida players are complaining about nobody going to their games.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
If Arizona was already doing so poorly why didn't they just move the team to Vegas? I swear people who get paid millions sometimes aren't all that bright.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If Arizona was already doing so poorly why didn't they just move the team to Vegas? I swear people who get millions sometimes aren't all that bright.

Bettman is a bumbling reptile, but he played this right for the NHL owners. The NHL and IceArizona collectively bilked an unbelievable amount of money from the incompetent Glendale City Council. Relocated teams do not put 500MM into a pool for 30 owners to share.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
If Arizona was already doing so poorly why didn't they just move the team to Vegas? I swear people who get millions sometimes aren't all that bright.

As Jojo mentioned, the bolded is a reason ("a", not "the"). "People who get millions." Well they just got 500M - which they wouldnt have if the team just relocated.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Because the NHL owners were paid $500,000,000 to allow Vegas into the league. Moving the Coyotes to Vegas would have earned them $0.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Swedish officials met with GMs asking them to leave their players in the SHL longer instead of bringing them to the AHL. They feel they develop better at home.

As the team that holds the rights to Lindblom, hard to argue that.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Bettman is a bumbling reptile, but he played this right for the NHL owners. The NHL and IceArizona collectively bilked an unbelievable amount of money from the incompetent Glendale City Council. Relocated teams do not put 500MM into a pool for 30 owners to share.

I completely forgot that the NHL got to pocket 500MM off Vegas.

I guess Bettman is slick enough to pull the wool over a few city councils.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So far it doesn't sound like the protected list will be made public.

Of course it could be leaked.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Cool. An extra $2.5 million to go to resigning VandeVelde. :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad