Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Season, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Russians win the math. Atlas might try and work that into the Rubstov thread.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Russians win the math. Atlas might try and work that into the Rubstov thread.

Russians leaving for the CHL are having their sense of humour crushed :(

On a completely unrelated note, Marchand with yet another act yesterday. I just wish someone destroyed him :laugh: Combined with seeing what Pronger did to Bieber, I drool over the image of Pronger teaching Marchand basic physics

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hard to believe Blues are just gonna **** this season away with Allen.

They sorta have to

If they bench him and bring in someone else it will not only ruin his confidence even more but cost them a decent asset

After giving up so much for Miller a couple years ago and having that turn into debacle they are likely not willing to take plunge again on a rental goalie

Crazy thing is Allen's costly extension hasn't even kicked in yet

I honestly think they might sell at deadline instead of risk losing Shattenkirk for nothing

Wild are a machine right now and heavy favorite to come out of Central with way Hawks and Blues have performed this year. Of course the Wild need to prove they can go deep in playoffs and that may mean a 4th playoff matchup vs Hawks (0 and 3 so far when trying to get past Hawks in round 2 in recent years). But they have best team in division and Hawks , Blues , Preds , etc all have major flaws with rosters

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He holds back the offensive talent of his team and is too in love with his system

Should have moved on from him a couple years back

At end of day this is bad look IMO and way to treat Hitch. Should have not retained him since it was clear that Blues were planning for Yeo to take over after this year

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd love Hitch as an assistant/mentor if we are going to stick with Hak.

We might actually play good defense.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Not a fan of Hitch tbh.....but certain players flourish under him....have to have thick skin. I think G would do very well under Hitch...

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Oof. I know you were joking, but the thought of that gives me heartburn lol
I would rather take the literal Mr. Greenjeans as coach - and I'm pretty sure he is dead - than the figurative Captain Kangaroo. I am not exaggerating.

I had a history teacher in 9th grade that was a spitting image of Capt. Kangaroo. When we would go on a field trip sometimes folks would say its time to back to the Captains place. He would get so pissed.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Barberio and Gilbert on waivers. Both probably better than the bottom fillers on our d.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe Hexy can add some offense from the KHL next season with the cap space he'll have. Dadonov will be 28, Shipachev will be 30.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-lightnings-yzerman-not-biting-low-offers-bishop/

15. Hearing there is more than the usual amount of scouting going on with KHL players. That league is considering going with fewer teams next season, so NHL clubs are readying for the possibility of some extra players being available. Just like last year, the bigger names are St. Petersburg’s Evgeny Dadonov (56 points in 48 games) and Vadim Shipachev (68 points in 45 games), but it will cost millions to bring them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad