Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Season, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
If life is anything like beetlejuice, if you say it once more, it will actually happen.

I am in suspense

It will be an interesting off-season, with the loss of one player to Las Vegas, some cap flexibility, and the very real possibility that at least one asset has to be let go. It seems to pain Hextall to lose anybody for nothing, and needing to resign Gostisbehere, Cousins, Lyubimov, VandeVelde (UFA), Stolarz, Lyon, Laughton, Leier, Bardreau, Weal (UFA), Alt (UFA), and maybe Mason will be a challenge, both from $ and playing slots / waivers. I don't expect either of Del Zotto or Schultz to be resigned, and I could see Hextall letting Lyubimov and Alt walk. Weal will be interesting given his solid play with the Flyers and of course the goaltending issue will be among the most intriguing questions.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
what if you were awarded an extra challenge after losing the first one. But if you lose that 2nd challenge your team gets a 2 minute delay of game penalty. Or if you didnt have your timeout and wanted to challenge a goal/offside. same rule applies..

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thought we had a lot of roster spots accounted for up front for 17-18 before a week ago when Bellemare got extended and they added Filppula. Now it's an even longer list.

1. Giroux
2. Voracek
3. Schenn
4. Filppula
5. Couturier
6. Simmonds
7. Read - most likely to go to Vegas
8. Raffl - unless Raffl isn't the 7th protected forward
9. Weise
10. Bellemare
11. Cousins
12. Lindblom
13. Konecny
14. Laughton - no longer waiver exempt in 17-18
15. Leier - no longer waiver exempt in 17-18.

So if Weal, VdV and Lyubimov aren't re-signed, and Vegas takes a forward, we would still have 14 forwards left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad