Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This this this. He is the absolute worst ref in the NHL.

There's no way he was going to overturn his own call, even though he was clearly wrong.
Yep, you just knew he wouldn't overturn it. Especially since it was challenged.

Maybe its because I didnt read the book, but I really liked the movie High Fidelity lol
I love the book and the movie. One of my favorite movies ever.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That awful no-goal call could end up looming large. Refs doing what they can for the Leafs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oshie with the Laffs fans having the time of their lives! Haha I love it.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't know if you have read "Hi Fidelity" by Nick Hornby (or saw the relatively awful film adaptation), but I am more or less like that guy - I'd agonize for months over that list, because it's full to bursting. I'm dead to you though lol because Chelios is nowhere near it. The initial list, the ones making the first cut, would probably be something like:

Gretzky
Messier
Lemieux
****ing Glen Anderson
****ing Esa Tikkanen
Fuhr
St. Louis Blues #16 Butt Hole
Bernie Federko
Dale Hunter
Denis Potvin
Paul Coffey
****ing Crosby
The 1991 Minnesota Choke Stars
The guy in charge of electricity in Boston Garden in 1988
Kevin ****ing Lowe

... I'm too angry to type any more lol ... but there are more.

EDIT: ****ing Barnaby

I have read it! Very good book. But I need to know how someone hates Bernie Federko. He's the most harmless good-but-not-great player that comes to mind. :laugh:

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
I don't know if you have read "Hi Fidelity" by Nick Hornby (or saw the relatively awful film adaptation), but I am more or less like that guy - I'd agonize for months over that list, because it's full to bursting. I'm dead to you though lol because Chelios is nowhere near it. The initial list, the ones making the first cut, would probably be something like:

Gretzky
Messier
Lemieux
****ing Glen Anderson
****ing Esa Tikkanen
Fuhr
St. Louis Blues #16 Butt Hole
Bernie Federko
Dale Hunter
Denis Potvin
Paul Coffey
****ing Crosby
The 1991 Minnesota Choke Stars
The guy in charge of electricity in Boston Garden in 1988
Kevin ****ing Lowe

... I'm too angry to type any more lol ... but there are more.

EDIT: ****ing Barnaby

I would add Bob Nystrom and Clark Gillies I hated that team

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have read it! Very good book. But I need to know how someone hates Bernie Federko. He's the most non-descript good-but-not-great player that comes to mind. :laugh:

I'm a St. Louis native who loathes the Blues, and he doesn't in any way, shape or form belong in the Hall of Fame, which is bad enough. But what's worse is the way he says the word "Blues" (he's their Bill Clement in the studio) - it is a combination of "blouse" "blows" and "blues" and is wrapped in this deep phlegmatic miasma - phlegmatic not in the "Four Humors" sense, but in the "I have the flu, but I just drank 11 Busch beers and I'm about to talk with all this phlegm in my mouth" sense, if that makes any sense, and I know it doesn't, but is accurate nonetheless.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Two words to explain why the Caps wont win the Cup:

Brooks Orpik

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Lol Trotz's face. He looked like he wanted to murder that ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad