Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I really think they only choked against the Habs in 2010. The other times they lost but were to good teams.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What the hell are you talking about haha. I was confirming the amount of space between the players when Niskanen was clearly watching him, to decide whether or not he would've had the time and space to react with intention.

Exactly. You're watching something at quarter speed to see the space between Niskanen and Crosby and blaming Niskanen. You can't watch full speed things at a quarter speed and come to any type of conclusion regarding reactions.

It's the exact same thing if you're watching a video of a car going 150 MPH at quarter speed that is 700 yards away from a wall. Watching it at quarter speed you'd say that the car has enough space to react and avoid said wall when in reality it doesn't. (These are random speeds and distances). I'll lower it to 100 yards to make a better point.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What the hell are you talking about haha. I was confirming the amount of space between the players when Niskanen was clearly watching him, to decide whether or not he would've had the time and space to react with intention.

He's not processing full thoughts at the quarter speed you're playing the video. You can't really come to any conclusions by slowing down a video.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Exactly. You're watching something at quarter speed to see the space between Niskanen and Crosby and blaming Niskanen. You can't watch full speed things at a quarter speed and come to any type of conclusion regarding reactions.

It's the exact same thing if you're watching a video of a car going 150 MPH at quarter speed that is 700 yards away from a wall. Watching it at quarter speed you'd say that the car has enough space to react and avoid said wall when in reality it doesn't.

Again, I did it at that speed to check frame by frame where Niskanen started watching Crosby to see how much space was between them.

Then here's the magic part, I applied something called experience to determine that that amount of space was not only enough but much more than enough to make the intentional play that he did with them going in the directions they were following that at full speed.

I am sorry that this makes you think about cars crashing into walls.

Let me ask since you arrived at the same conclusion as I did:

Did Niskanen hit Crosby with his stick on purpose? Yes.

How was it that you arrived at this, I'm curious.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Again, I did it at that speed to check frame by frame where Niskanen started watching Crosby to see how much space was between them.

Then here's the magic part, I applied something called experience to determine that that amount of space was not only enough but much more than enough to make the intentional play that he did with them going in the directions they were following that at full speed.

There was literally one second, not even, in the time Crosby and Ov got caught up til the time Nisky checked him. No one is processing a deliberate cross check to the head in that amount of time.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's only 1 win, but I like their chances if Crosby is out for the series. Malkin won't carry that team to a series win.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
There was literally one second, not even, in the time Crosby and Ov got caught up til the time Nisky checked him. No one is processing a deliberate cross check to the head in that amount of time.

Countless deliberate plays per game are made in a second or less. It doesn't even sound like you've ever even watched a hockey game. And besides, this post was directed at HC, who arrived at the same conclusion that I did, only he hasn't explained how, so let him answer.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Countless deliberate plays per game are made in a second or less. It doesn't even sound like you've ever even watched a hockey game. And besides, this post was directed at HC, who arrived at the same conclusion that I did, only he hasn't explained how, so let him answer.

Lol yea, I've never watched a hockey game. When he receives a 0 game suspension we'll see who's talking

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lol yea, I've never watched a hockey game. When he receives a 0 game suspension we'll see who's talking

I've never played and you've never watched. The personal insults are racking up.

I dont understand why everyone is so passionate about this play :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Again, all in less than once second. A player still upright on his skates to falling and getting cross checked.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Because he lifted his arms and stick as a natural reaction, it isn't a conscious decision. His intent was to protect himself with the stick as a natural reaction.

He didn't intentionally hit Crosby in the head with his stick nor did he put force behind the stick, so no he did not decide in that split second to take liberties on Crosby.

I bring up the car example because it's an example of how your quarter speed monitoring can't be trusted.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I've never played and you've never watched. The personal insults are racking up.

They usually are the result of having lost and arguement but not willing to admit defeat. My dad can beat up your dad!

Hell I played through college but I don't fell like it has any relevance

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia

Hey a stated a simple opinon, and you with some others decided to engage the discussion not me. I'm just replying to you guys, who don't seem to be able to explain anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad