Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: 2016/17 Playoffs Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I made the mistake of turning on the Blows vs Wild and am now getting an earful
of the worst talking encyclopedia of hockey in the world.
**** off, Pierre, no one likes you.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh, Canyon - duh.
You yodeling heehaw ****
I could sing it better
Using only burps and grunts.
With glowing white hot fire I hear
You mangle this poor song
That hole that you are singing from
Belongs inside of a thong.
God, help us all -
free us from this dreck
Oh, Canyon - duh.
You make me mad as heck.
Oh, Canyon - duh.
You make me mad ... as ... heck.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh dear god. How I wish the Flyers had a defenseman to peddle off on him.

I'm immediately calling about Athanasiou if I'm a team exec.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he's a guy moved if they do make a move. IIRC he was in the doghouse at times last year. Same with Mantha.

The amount of bad contracts on their current roster is pretty amazing. Stephen Weiss' buyout caphit takes a jump next season too at $2.57M.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings

How nobody has taken this guy outback yet is amazing.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Oh dear god. How I wish the Flyers had a defenseman to peddle off on him.

I'm immediately calling about Athanasiou if I'm a team exec.

They could always move Gudas. It would hurt but Morin, Hagg and Sanheim are all knocking at the door. Not sure I would do it for Athanasiou or Martha though. It would tough because you could be torpedoing next season.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Add Mrazek in with Mantha or Tatar and I'm interested to see what return they would be looking for...Sanheim would be on the table for me, just not sure what gets it done.

Disclaimer - This is coming from someone whose favorite Goalie in the league was just listed as a piece in the trade.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I knew Bylsma was a goner but Murray is a surprise. He hasnt been there all that long. I thought he sucked outside of the O'Reilly trade, but I am still surprised. I wonder if Murray refused to fire Bylsma so Pegula fired them both?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Off topic, but it looks like Sbisa actually has a good year. I know +\- is a deceiving stat, but to be only -1 on that team, that's pretty good.

Add Mrazek in with Mantha or Tatar and I'm interested to see what return they would be looking for...Sanheim would be on the table for me, just not sure what gets it done.

Disclaimer - This is coming from someone whose favorite Goalie in the league was just listed as a piece in the trade.

In no way should we be trading Sanheim for a goalie. Glad he is your favorite, but he just had a worse year than Mason.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Speaking of the Canucks' D -- Gudbranson was -14 in 30 games. God what an overrated player, I've always thought. Unfortunately, in many ways I see him as Morin's ceiling.

On the Buffalo firings, I never cared much for how Tim Murray came across in interviews. Seemed like he'd be an HF Boards know-it-all (and boy didn't Bylsma fit right in with him) ;) Anyway, some GM is going to inherit a great situation there with the Sabres. Hope it's a Holmgren-level bad one who can screw it up; it's already going to be tough enough dealing with Toronto.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Buffalo purging the office means Eichel is in an interesting position.

He got worked up, got his way, and now if the new coach/GM are bad he can't even say anything about it because it would look like he was the one being difficult/unreasonable/making excuses, even if he's 100% right.

If I know dumbass hockey beat writers like I think I do, then I'm sure at the first sign of struggle they'll jump on the "changing coaches doesn't matter, Eichel is problem" train. Similar to how some people on here try to say the core is the problem because they haven't been successful, even after coaching changes. Completely ignoring that the change was bad coach to new bad coach and completely ignoring that the biggest problem is a weak roster outside of the core. Star players always get blame because lazy writers don't know enough to really understand the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad