News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Anyone read the backlash from Kassian taking a picture with a hells angel?
At first I thought you can't really fault the guy for taking a photo with a fan, but apparently he follows the guy on instagram as well. Not too big a deal, but also kind of a dumb thing for a pro athlete to do

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Glad to hear he’s doing well, Ladi was always one of my favorites during the dark years. Sucked to see how his nhl career ended.

If I’m not mistaken he really took a liking to Edmonton and might still live here in the offseason?
His wife is from here I believe.

I have no idea how much that Czech league changed, but his offensive numbers last year were the best of his career. I remember hearing he had that upside and he even showed his puck rushing ability here, but it never translated.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
From Frank Seravalli

Friday Five: Lingering NHL questions to ponder - TSN.ca

What will happen to the conditional draft pick from last summer’s Calgary-Edmonton swap of James Neal and Milan Lucic?

Answer: Still TBD.

You remember the trade. Neal straight up for Lucic. The Oilers agreed to retain 12.5 per cent of Lucic’s contract and would also send Calgary a conditional 2020 third-round pick, but only if Neal scored 21 goals and Lucic scored 10 or fewer goals than Neal.

As fate would have it, pause was pressed on the season just as it appeared the condition might be met. Neal had 19 goals in 55 games, missing 16 due to injury. Lucic had eight goals in 68 games, 11 fewer than Neal.

There is all sorts of language in the MOU about how to pro-rate stats as they relate to bonuses being paid to players, but there is nothing about how to handle conditions on trades.

Deputy commissioner Bill Daly said this week that the NHL intends to develop a process (sounds like arbitration?) where both clubs will make arguments, be heard fairly, and then a decision will be rendered.

This will be a fascinating case. If Neal played the final 11 games of Edmonton’s season at the same goals-per-game pace he did this season, he would finish with 23 goals in a possible max of 66 games. Lucic was on pace to finish with nine goals in a possible max of 80 games, but he was also just starting to heat up, with two goals in his last four games before the pause.

Stay tuned.
——-
Here’s your answer: Treliving can get bent. The NHL ruled the season ended and the contract said nothing about a player not playing 82 games no matter what the cause of not playing was.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The tweet isn't showing up. What did it say?

“According to the NHL, if you are playing in a qualifying series, you have officially "made the postseason", which will in turn effect a few trades.“

NHL was reiterating stats are all playoff stats and can’t be used for determining regular season stats in trades.

Not sure how on Earth the shitbag Flames can justify getting a 3rd in the Neal trade but I am dying to hear the rationale.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Sorry, not following this. Why would he change it, and why would it be a big deal? I feel like I'm missing something obvious, lol

No worries-lol, I'll explain.
81 is the number associated to the H.A. because the letters H and A are the eighth and first letters of the alphabet. So when you see people wearing "Support 81" merch (like Drake was photographed wearing at a Raptors game or a concert last year) it's HA gear.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
No worries-lol, I'll explain.
81 is the number associated to the H.A. because the letters H and A are the eighth and first letters of the alphabet. So when you see people wearing "Support 81" merch (like Drake was photographed wearing at a Raptors game or a concert last year) it's HA gear.

Ah, I looked up 81, and its a Hells Angel thing. Now I'm following along :)

Reactions: McFuhryous

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
Depending on how lazy I am, I will see if i can get some more player playoff avatars done. Since I have not done any since the Kass one :laugh:

McBeast.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad