News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Skinner seems to be the guy IMO, considering he was here in the first group of 6. Skinner was also the better of the two this year.

Even if it was originally Starrett, the team might look at Skinner's commitment and reward him.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Im still of the mind that we don't miss Taylor Hall. Adam Larsson was what we needed. Its too bad it didn't pan out, but I still don't hold that against Chiarelli, big changes were needed, and that was a big change. Drafting Jesse was meh, draft mistakes are usually 20/20 in hindsight and Lucic, again, he should have been awesome here, but again didn't work out.

All that being said, Im glad Holland is our GM now.

I’m right with you on all 4 points.

We likely miss the playoffs in 16/17 if we don’t have Larsson back there playing like an elite shutdown dman.

Pulju is looking like a disappointment, but that draft had a big 3, and every other fanbase was envious we got one with the 4th pick.

Lucic was a beast the first year. There was no way of predicting he’d go for Christmas break in 2017, and suddenly lose the ability to put up points when he returned.

And ya. Holland is clearly the better GM. Chia is the guy willing to overpay to get what he wants. Holland is the guy making him overpay.

That’s interesting Rodrigue is coming. I’m a huge fan of his, and statistically it looked like he had a pretty strong year, but you’d assume we’d bring in Skinner and Starrett

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I think you’re underestimating how bad Milbury was.

those 3 weren’t even his worst moves.

trading for reinhart was.
The Reinhart trade was horrific but I think the Lucic signing was much worse. He was great during the cup run though, and Neal was pretty spicy at the start of the season too.. maybe you are right :O

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I’m right with you on all 4 points.

We likely miss the playoffs in 16/17 if we don’t have Larsson back there playing like an elite shutdown dman.

Pulju is looking like a disappointment, but that draft had a big 3, and every other fanbase was envious we got one with the 4th pick.

Lucic was a beast the first year. There was no way of predicting he’d go for Christmas break in 2017, and suddenly lose the ability to put up points when he returned.

And ya. Holland is clearly the better GM. Chia is the guy willing to overpay to get what he wants. Holland is the guy making him overpay.

The biggest issue with Chia was that he couldn't admit fault. (Yes, worse than the overpays...)

In his first year and a half he was actually decent for improving the (RE: MacT's) roster. Even with the massive overpays, the roster was still better.

He overhauled the defence with Sekera, Russell, Larsson, and Benning; and underperforming vets like Ference and Fayne were pushed out.

He even made a few good savvy moves for Maroon, Kassan, Talbot, and Nilsson; bringing in NHL'ers for busts, low picks, or guys who were done.

However when his guys started to under perform, they weren't held to the same level of accountability as Fayne or Pouliot.

The little moves to improve the roster dried up, as guys like Letestu, Lucic, Caggiula all unquestionably deserved their top 9 spots. Plus a teenage Puljujarvi or Yamamoto would be enough to replace Eberle; so why would more outside help be needed?

If I'm not mistaken, the only pick/prospect for NHL'er trade he made post-Hall (so purely adding to the roster, and not taking someone off it) was the Petrovic trade. Otherwise any trade always involved taking an equivalent (or better) piece off the active roster.

Davidson for DD
Eberle for Strome
Jokinen for Cammy
Strome for Spooner
Caggiula/Garrison for Manning

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The podium portion will be constructed first. Unfortunately the residential building turned from a luxury high-rise to a mediocre rental.
Which is all dumb. Downtown doesn't need another damn highrise. Especially cause all the new "mediocre" rentals cost stupid amounts to rent anyways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad