News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I hope McDavid starts to be selfish and gave Holland an ultimatum of sorts. A timeline for his own career. New Gm, but just let him know where he sees his career headed and how long he pans to waste it here.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
McDavid did a new type of rehab and worked his ass off in the summer when normally a guy would just rehab normally and take time off.

Instead he works his ass off, gets into a "playoff situation" and had the majority of the team take the series off.

And as captain I hope he privately went face to face with a few of those players and told them exactly what he felt about each of their performances.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Crazy stuff I have been hearing all day (Not surprised if it ends up being true)

The 50/50 is sponsored by reMax

The first 2 winners are both real estate agents. I have heard rumblings that the third winner, yet to be named (I won't name them), is a prominent Realtor here in the city. That would be 3/3 winners that are realtors. That is weirrrd..

lets see how this pans out., am waiting for that 3rd name to be shown....

Last edited:

BustinChops

Aug 4, 2020
Crazy stuff I have been hearing all day (Not surprised if it ends up being true)

The first 2 winners are both real estate agents. I have heard rumblings that the third winner, yet to be named (I won't name them), is a prominent Realtor here in the city. That would be 3/3 winners that are realtors. That is weirrrd..

Was JUST going to mention this also......
Third pot winner....Manni Bagga....yup....another realtor
Anyone else seeing a problem here?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

honestly as crazy as that sounds, the fact that all 3 are realtors almost makes it unbelievable that they’d think they could get away with something so blatant and publicized.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

'Definitely a shock': Oilers 50/50 ticket buyers charged multiple times, raffle draw postponed | Edmonton Journal
'Definitely a shock': Oilers 50/50 ticket buyers charged multiple times, raffle draw postponed

This is a going to be a major mess to sort out. After all of the refunds, etc, the pot might be reduced by a 1/3 or more, who knows?

And Terry Jones wrote a column, imploring the Oilers Foundation to continue with the 50/50? Whoever runs it should be fired.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

How is this not a conflict of interest? Every major contest usually has employees and members of their household exempt from entering so there aren't any allegations of tampering with the end result. Hell, even Tim's "roll up the brim" contest has similar rules for their big prizes.

If this is true and all three winners wind up being ReMax agents, there should be an investigation because in the end, it'll be the charity foundation who suffers. People will view this as rigged and won't buy tickets unless ReMax is removed as the sponsor and stiffer rules of who can/can't buy tickets or claim prizes are put in place

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
How is this not a conflict of interest? Every major contest usually has employees and members of their household exempt from entering so there aren't any allegations of tampering with the end result. Hell, even Tim's "roll up the brim" contest has similar rules for their big prizes.

If this is true and all three winners wind up being ReMax agents, there should be an investigation because in the end, it'll be the charity foundation who suffers. People will view this as rigged and won't buy tickets unless ReMax is removed as the sponsor and stiffer rules of who can/can't buy tickets or claim prizes are put in place

Some of the posts on social media said the first two winners were realtors, but aren’t with Remax. So who knows. Whole thing is a mess.

Reactions: McFuhryous

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And as captain I hope he privately went face to face with a few of those players and told them exactly what he felt about each of their performances.

i've never been more disappointed with a player than I currently am with Zack Kassian.

Fresh off a new contract, rested, healthy, and on a line with Connor McDavid - absolute no show. Demoted, still does nothing. Doesn't show any intensity until the last 5 minutes of an elimination game.

Gaetan Haas had as many hits in 10 minutes of icetime in game 4 than Kassian had in the first three games combined, and one less shot than Kassian had all series.

Completely inexcusable. If he doesn't show up to camp in the absolute best shape he's ever been in and doesn't tear the cover off the ball in preseason, I'd start him in the AHL.

Reactions: DerpMorg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad