News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Talk about your all time backfire.

lol, or a "nice guys finish last". To be honest, if they were celebrating the story we would have heard would have been about how seeing them celebrate caused the Oilers fire to burn deeper, as they wanted to be celebrating like that the next season. This just in, pro sports guys are exceptionally competitive, and Gretz/Mess/Lowe/etc would have come up with another reason to dig deeper. The already classis line from Jordan of "and I took offence to that" applies here. In half those stories, Jordan had ZERO reason to take offence, he was just making up false stories and situations to cause himself to try harder.

Reactions: The Bored Man

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The home jerseys should be navy, but I wish they had the three stripes and regular sized arm numbers.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yes, please. Blue should always be the main colour.

The current jerseys are associated with Chiarelli and disappointing hockey.

I hope they get rid of the traffic cone orange and go back to Royal Blue as the defacto home jersey, keep the blue/orange as home thirds and wear the sorta retro white as a road 3rd.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
I think it's mainly just how tough the guy was. I agree though, helluva nice guy but the first time I saw him was pre-season when he was on Florida. I told whoever I was with that he was the worse player I had ever saw. Not long after we got him on waivers.
One of the weirdest fights I ever saw was between McIntyre and Prust. Steve started with some of the heaviest body shots I can recall and they hurt Prust to the point that after the fight he didn't return to the game and was placed on the injured list with "spine lean". I don't know why but to this day I find that classification quite funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad