Misc. Discussion: Potential Flyer Trades?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
4. Sign: Chris Stewart or Tomas Kopecky (For Offense)

5. Sign: Andrej Sekera or Zbynek Michalek (For Defense)

Thanks for clarifying, I was thinking about putting Stewart on the blueline and putting Michalek on Giroux's LW.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Maybe Nashville would be more than willing to deal if they are outed in the first round.

They need a center desperately. Try to convince them Schenn could help them now and in the future. Especially with Lavy as the coach.

Trade them Schenn+Vinny L.+1st rounder(Tampa's) for Seth Jones.

Philadelphia fans go crazy.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Maybe Nashville would be more than willing to deal if they are outed in the first round.

They need a center desperately. Try to convince them Schenn could help them now and in the future. Especially with Lavy as the coach.

We go crazy because that would be grand larceny

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I'd be willing to make that our 1st rounder for that deal most likely.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Gormley for Luke Schenn.

That's a deal i would like to make. Gormley has struggled to become what so many thought he would. Same with Schenn.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Having a convo in the Yotes area. rt* proposed this. I would do it -- a lot of players to move, so unlikely, but you can see my post there.

"How about...

To ARI:
V. Lecavalier
N. Grossmann
L. Schenn
B. Schenn
C. Pronger

To PHI:
L. Korpikoski
B. Gormley
K. Chipchura

We get a couple of centers, and a couple of 220lb D. Basically getting Brayden Schenn without sacrificing future assets the organization is high on. Outside of Brayden Schenn, the other three roster players have some warts, but might fill roles for us okay."

Keep in mind, one can bury Chipchura.

In this thread:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1874119&page=17

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
Having a convo in the Yotes area. rt* proposed this. I would do it -- a lot of players to move, so unlikely, but you can see my post there.

"How about...

To ARI:
V. Lecavalier
N. Grossmann
L. Schenn
B. Schenn
C. Pronger

To PHI:
L. Korpikoski
B. Gormley
K. Chipchura

We get a couple of centers, and a couple of 220lb D. Basically getting Brayden Schenn without sacrificing future assets the organization is high on. Outside of Brayden Schenn, the other three roster players have some warts, but might fill roles for us okay."

Keep in mind, one can bury Chipchura.

In this thread:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1874119&page=17

That would never happen but I would fax the paperwork before you'd have a chance to even reconsider.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
A Coyotes fan proposed that? I would do that in a heartbeat and I actually like B Schenn and don't want to see him moved. Hell I'm probably higher on the other Schenn than most of this board as well and its still an easy yes.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd go after Stone from Arizona. I think I proposed Schenns for Stone + Korpikorski. Adding in Pronger would be a bonus.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I wonder if Arizona would be interested in MacDonald, L. Schenn, Pronger for Korpikoski + something else. MacDonald and Luke were a good pairing last season and Arizona is lacking in defenseman from what I understand. MacDonald could be attractive to them since they have a hard time attracting free agents and they get a year to evaluate Luke schenn. Pronger also helps them reach the cap floor so they don't feel compelled to over pay some average free agents

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I said MacDonald actually makes some sense to Arizona a little while ago. Korpi for MacDonald is a deal I would definitely do.

Another idea, how about a Legwand for Vinny deal. Supposedly Ottawa was interested in him last year as well. Colin Greening also a possibility.

Last edited:

SchennSational1022*

I said MacDonald actually makes some sense to Arizona a little while ago. Korpi for MacDonald is a deal I would definitely do.

Another idea, how about a Legwand for Vinny deal. Supposedly Ottawa was interested in him last year as well.

He wouldn't waive for Ottawa last summer and is pretty dead set on not playing in Canada.

SchennSational1022*

Do you have a report to confirm that?

I can't find it now, but I read a whole article of it on twitter back in July. I'll try to find it. Saw your edit, that was part of it too, but he wasn't willing to waive there from what I gathered.

Moondog47

Feb 5, 2014
What do people think of a trade around Sanheim for Ristolainen IF Hanifin falls to us at 7?

I am unsure if this makes sense from a shooting side point of view for Buf but a possible future top 4 of:

Hanifin-Risto
Ghost-Morin

looks pretty good while balancing out D sides.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Morin's going to be on the left side.

I doubt Buffalo do that trade since Ristolainen is already in their top 4.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Risto has really impressed me and i was very critical of him when he first made it to the nhl. I think he is going tobe a good one.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim is as untouchable as a prospect and be.

He has the most potential of all our prospects and is in a position of super need.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
St Louis might be a good team to try and dump Grossmann or Schenn on. They need stay at home guys who throw the body and will have spots open on their blue line next year.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
What do people think of a trade around Sanheim for Ristolainen IF Hanifin falls to us at 7?

being that they would both be cost controlled for some time it really doesn't make sense to move Sanhiem. There is no problem in having multiple #1 d-men on the roster when they are young.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

I am unsure if this makes sense from a shooting side point of view for Buf but a possible future top 4 of:

Hanifin-Risto
Ghost-Morin

looks pretty good while balancing out D sides.

Just keep both Sanheim and Hanifin if he falls. Players can play the right side if need be, no need to trade off our prospects without seeing them perform at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad