Misc. Discussion: Potential Flyer Trades?

SchennSational1022*

My guess is L. Schenn goes for a third round pick this summer if he's not included in a bigger deal.

Dumb, I'd look to move Gudas, Grossmann (who we know our FO won't because he can do no wrong) and MacDonald before him. Easier said than done though.

Honestly people here think Luke Schenn is slow, wait until you see Gudas, especially a year removed from blowing out his whole ****ing knee.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
B. Schenn+Luke Schenn+Hagg

For

Ryan O'Reilly+2/3rd rounder

Chris Pronger to Arizona

for

A conditional 5th rounder (if he plays which he clearly wont)

Nick Grossmann to Edmonton

for

2nd rounder in 2016+5th rounder in 2015

FlyersKevin

Apr 19, 2015
Dumb, I'd look to move Gudas, Grossmann (who we know our FO won't because he can do no wrong) and MacDonald before him. Easier said than done though.

Honestly people here think Luke Schenn is slow, wait until you see Gudas, especially a year removed from blowing out his whole ****ing knee.

I think MacDonald will be about as easy to move as a sleeping elephant, same with Lecavalier unfortunately. Pisses me right off. Don't you miss Homer??

SchennSational1022*

You're poll didn't turn out to well for Schenn vs Gudas.

That's because it's the "thing" on this website to hate on the Schenn brothers. Schenn is easily a better player, I think I have watched Gudas more than most on this board. Only thing Gudas has on him is he is cheaper.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
That's because it's the "thing" on this website to hate on the Schenn brothers. Schenn is easily a better player, I think I have watched Gudas more than most on this board. Only thing Gudas has on him is he is cheaper.

Schultz-Gudas is better than Schultz-Schenn strictly due to that pairing costing only 3.1 million. Schenn and Schultz will cost 5.5. That's way too much to pay your third pairing dman. Gudas I think is on the same level or even better than Schenn.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

They're not going to turn around & move Gudas after just acquiring him. Hextall likely saw value in him given their history & his comments on him.

They're both bottom pairing guys at the end of the day. I'll take the one who's more cost controlled.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

That's important for 3rd pairing defensemen.

SchennSational1022*

Schultz-Gudas is better than Schultz-Schenn strictly due to that pairing costing only 3.1 million. Schenn and Schultz will cost 5.5. That's way too much to pay your third pairing dman. Gudas I think is on the same level or even better than Schenn.

Like I said, the money is a big factor. Gudas is one of the worst puck handlers I have seen at the NHL level (Grossmann bad), and he is sloooooow. Much slower than Schenn, and he just blew out his knee and had to reconstruct his meniscus. That is a very serious surgery.

Schenn is far from perfect and his cap hit is too much. He is, as we've seen though, underrated with the puck and more than capable of making a good outlet pass.

FlyersKevin

Apr 19, 2015
We have plenty of able complimentary defenseman. We just are missing a top pairing. Our D-Unit as a whole is awful. But individually they're not bad players. Look what we got for Coburn.. The man was ridiculed by Flyers fans his whole life.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
Yakupov would be the cheapest option out of the EDM players being discussed.
The kids a scorer, he played LW last season, and is roughly the same cap hit as Read.

If I were GM, I would try to make 1 big trade for a scoring forward like Yakupov by trading L.Schenn, Hagg and Read (and whatever other prospect/pick got that deal done)
I'd try to dump RJ, Vinny, Rinaldo like everyone has been discussing.

Forwards like Leier, Cousins, Straka, Akeson, etc would get opportunity to compete in the lineup.
Morin, Ghost would play full seasons on D for us. Laughton gets full season as well.

My team would look like this:

Yakupov - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Couturier - Simmonds
Raffl - Laughton - prospect(Leier, Cousins, Straka, Akeson)
VDV-Bellemare-White

Morin - Streit
MDZ - Schultz
Ghost - MacD

Gudas/Cola

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
We have plenty of able complimentary defenseman. We just are missing a top pairing. Our D-Unit as a whole is awful. But individually they're not bad players. Look what we got for Coburn.. The man was ridiculed by Flyers fans his whole life.

We all knew his short comings but that didn't mean he wasn't a prized target at the deadline. He had another year so he wasn't a rental and moves the puck well. He skates like the wind and plays in big minutes while getting no PP time. It made sense he brought that much back. 1st+3rd was pretty much what I was expecting. Getting Gudas just re-insured that Hexy is really going to try and make over this defense.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

I havent really watched Gudas play but just looking at their advanced stats Luke does appear to be the better of the two. That said, I wouldn't be against trading him. I wouldn't be against trading anybody from our defense.

FlyersKevin

Apr 19, 2015
I would love someone who can just play with G and Voracek and snipe the puck into the net. Yakupov would be an absolute dream. I just think the dumbasses at EDM would want a big return, which is something I don't think Hextall would be willing to give up.

SchennSational1022*

We all knew his short comings but that didn't mean he wasn't a prized target at the deadline. He had another year so he wasn't a rental and moves the puck well. He skates like the wind and plays in big minutes while getting no PP time. It made sense he brought that much back. 1st+3rd was pretty much what I was expecting. Getting Gudas just re-insured that Hexy is really going to try and make over this defense.

Bringing in Gudas is far from "making over the defense" :laugh:. I don't want to seem like I have something against the guy, he is just more of the same of what we have. It's a plus that he's cheap, and that's why most of you guys are for keeping him which I understand.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Bringing in Gudas is far from "making over the defense" :laugh:. I don't want to seem like I have something against the guy, he is just more of the same of what we have. It's a plus that he's cheap, and that's why most of you guys are for keeping him which I understand.

That's exactly what I am saying. We have two players who play the same style and have not helped this team in any ways. Hexy acquiring a player like Gudas or any dman in a trade just proved that he does intend to make moves. That's what I am most pleased with.

SchennSational1022*

why argue at all w/ someone who makes excuses like this:

you said he's easily the better player, seems like the poll results wouldn't be 3-1 in favor of Gudas if that were actually close to the truth
:dunno:

If you watched both of them, which you don't, you'd know. You just like to harp on **** and start arguments, even on the Flyers board so I don't really care what you have to say now that I think of it :laugh:. Believe what you want.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Luke is overpaid and will be again next summer. Keeping him beyond the deadline would be a horrible move.

Either Grossmann or L.Schenn at the draft for a pick and the other at the deadline for a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad