Misc. Discussion: Potential Flyer Trades?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Head capes are regal.

Oh yeah?

tumblr_inline_nch5mrlZap1t0x4i4.jpg

beetee15

Long Island Bullies
May 26, 2010
Long Island
if stewart is affordable I think he would be a great fit, imagine him and simmonds on the same line? thats a lot of size and forechecking, also would be a boost to a terrible second unit PP. That is if he is affordable I'm pretty sure him and simmer are buds.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
if stewart is affordable I think he would be a great fit, imagine him and simmonds on the same line? thats a lot of size and forechecking, also would be a boost to a terrible second unit PP. That is if he is affordable I'm pretty sure him and simmer are buds.

They both play RW. Stewart dogs it on most nights so I can't see Hextall being too interested in him since he's always talking about the character in players.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
what do people think of trading the TB pick (early 20's) + LSchenn for EDM's PIT pick, which will be around 15-16. Oilers need major help on D and will likely be shopping that pick.

it makes sense for us. we move up with our 2nd pick. Schenn's basically a cap dump. no room for him on an already crowded D, plus need to make room for Ghost and Morin to possibly play next year.

it makes sense for the Oilers too. they need major help on D right now and it's not bad moving down 6 or 7 spots and adding Schenn. they'll still get a good pick. and I would think if the Oilers trade that PIT pick, it'll be for a player that can play now, and not a prospect.

thoughts?

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It may mean you keep Grossmann another year. Edit: Not saying that is good or bad -- just pointing it out.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
what do people think of trading the TB pick (early 20's) + LSchenn for EDM's PIT pick, which will be around 15-16. Oilers need major help on D and will likely be shopping that pick.

it makes sense for us. we move up with our 2nd pick. Schenn's basically a cap dump. no room for him on an already crowded D, plus need to make room for Ghost and Morin to possibly play next year.

it makes sense for the Oilers too. they need major help on D right now and it's not bad moving down 6 or 7 spots and adding Schenn. they'll still get a good pick. and I would think if the Oilers trade that PIT pick, it'll be for a player that can play now, and not a prospect.

thoughts?

I would do that for any one of Schenn, grossmann, or MacDonald. Hell, they could have all three

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL

thoughts?

Yes for the bolded.

I would do that for any one of Schenn, grossmann, or MacDonald. Hell, they could have all three

Which given there D as well, that would bring some leadership, also based on their farm system. That would be more than fair. If I am moving L Schenn it would be trying to snag a LW similar in age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad