Mirtle: End is near for Hyman in Toronto

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Dubas' overpayments are killing this team...the flat cap definitely doesn't help...Matthews $1 to $1.5 million overpaid...Marner $1 to $2 million overpaid, Nylander $500K overpaid...even Muzzin is several hundred thousand overpaid...that's $2 million of cap space right there...just keep squeezing guys out like Kapanen, Johnsson (though I think Dubas held onto him too long and should have traded him when his value was high), and now Hyman...is Rielly the next to be squeezed out?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don’t really want him back. Super prime candidate to be overpaid.

none of the late 20s long term contracts have worked out well. He has 2 knee injuries.

We all complain about the “core” but he hasn’t won here either.

Other players will be available for less.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I mean it’s fine to say he isn’t worth his next contract, but that really doesn’t address another big hole left as he departs. You’re not easily replacing a Hyman for his current contract, so it’s a net negative.

The aftermath of this season, thinking it through, leaves me sick to my stomach. Lord Stanley is moving off the horizon.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
you guys talk about bad contracts and then want Hyman who had 1 pt in 7 playoff games, had a pretty decent injury and didnt even look that good returning from said injury? Is this a video game like the older folks say? why invest long term in that?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Dubas' overpayments are killing this team...the flat cap definitely doesn't help...Matthews $1 to $1.5 million overpaid...Marner $1 to $2 million overpaid, Nylander $500K overpaid...even Muzzin is several hundred thousand overpaid...that's $2 million of cap space right there...just keep squeezing guys out like Kapanen, Johnsson (though I think Dubas held onto him too long and should have traded him when his value was high), and now Hyman...is Rielly the next to be squeezed out?

You missed the one that kicked off this entire cap mess. :oops:

you guys talk about bad contracts and then want Hyman who had 1 pt in 7 playoff games, had a pretty decent injury and didnt even look that good returning from said injury? Is this a video game like the older folks say? why invest long term in that?

What are you reading where people are posting that they wanted Hyman resigned? It seems that everyone is accepting that he will be gone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3