GDT: Minnows vs. Maple Leafs 7:30pm NBCSCA

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
Today is game 1 of 3 where I worship Jones’ every move. He can do no wrong!!! Get your crap together defense!!!!!

Anyone want to make a gentlemen’s bet that EK65 gets his first goal today?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Late SNOG but the game hasn't started yet.

Sharks 6 (Thornton, Pavelski, Eric Karlsson, Meier x2, Couture)
Leafs 4 (Merner, Marleau, Tavares. Kadri)

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Today is game 1 of 3 where I worship Jones’ every move. He can do no wrong!!! Get your crap together defense!!!!!

Anyone want to make a gentlemen’s bet that EK65 gets his first goal today?

I won’t praise him for no reason, but I promise not to say nasty shit about him tonight

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think, ultimately, you are right, but under your logic, Sharks fans had no business booing Ed Belfour, whose crime was bolting as soon as UFA period started after he was acquired by a terrible Sharks team at the deadline earlier that calendar year. IIRC, he may have said he was open to resigning, but left on July 1. But that doesn't mean you did a team dirty.

So the question is, who can we boo in terms of ex Sharks or never were Sharks?

Belfour a) went to a rival team and b) is a well known tool. Those cost him the benefit of any "no hard feelings" parting.

We can boo people that left on acrimonious terms, said or did something after the fact that reflects negatively on their time in teal or their view of the team, or who go to rival franchises and came back to haunt the Sharks on the ice in a direct way.

It's more the game he was playing at the expense of our franchise and fanbase in my opinion. In retrospect, Tavares used us to up his contract negotiations when he most likely had no intention of coming here from the start.

Did he? There's no proof if that. For all we know he gave serious consideration to the Sharks offer before ultimately deciding to go to Toronto.

I mean, we should probably boo Kent Huskins too because although he's never been caught on camera eating babies, there also hasn't been any proof out there that he doesn't eat babies. It's likely he was too busy eating babies to consider re-signing in San Jose. :sarcasm:

Reactions: bluefunnel

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Belfour a) went to a rival team and b) is a well known tool. Those cost him the benefit of any "no hard feelings" parting.

We can boo people that left on acrimonious terms, said or did something after the fact that reflects negatively on their time in teal or their view of the team, or who go to rival franchises and came back to haunt the Sharks on the ice in a direct way.

Did he? There's no proof if that. For all we know he gave serious consideration to the Sharks offer before ultimately deciding to go to Toronto.

I mean, we should probably boo Kent Huskins too because although he's never been caught on camera eating babies, there also hasn't been any proof out there that he doesn't eat babies. It's likely he was too busy eating babies to consider re-signing in San Jose. :sarcasm:

Couldn't help myself

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA

It's circumstantial at best I know, but I swear I read insider sources saying it was always between the Islanders and Leafs. At the very least, the booing might get into his head. I know it messed Campbell up pretty good when he had his first game at the tank.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
And now you know why the Leafs didn't name a captain. They weren't gonna give it to Marleau but they wanted a copy of that sweet photo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad