GDT: Minnows vs. Maple Leafs 7:30pm NBCSCA

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Hopefully Karlsson has one of those games tonight where will be content missing out on Tavares.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
I really don't but I am a google master.
Haha, good point. Free translation services are getting better every year. I honestly think we are just 5-10 years away from headphones/earbuds that will be able to live translate conversations babelfish style. It's an exciting time for sure.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
5-1 Leafs

Marleau gets the rooster trick and shows up Joe, Tavares (and Jones should've had this one)

Erik Karlsson late in the 3rd gets a shot on net, but at the last minute Melker needlessly deflects it past an already-beaten Andersen to rob Erik of his 1st goal in teal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
i dont think thats happening either, he seems happy where hes at.

I don't see it happening either but he does stand to make more money if he went along with Toronto if they want to make a move to trade him elsewhere, have them buy him out, and then hit free agency again.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
SNOG:

4-2 Sharks.

Kane, Meier, Thornton and E Karlsson.

Marleau and Tavares(boo).

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
100% yes. Campbell never heard the end of it. Johnny Jammies should feel no more welcome. :laugh:

Why? Campbell came here, talked about being willing to stay, went to free agency and said that it was "family considerations" that would dictate his choice, only to turn down a contract offer from his actual hometown team so he could take the bigger money in Chicago.

Tavars was a total free agent, the Sharks made a pitch, and ultimately it apparently didn't come down to money but to actually choosing to play for his hometown team. Plus it's not like he said awful things about San Jose or mocked the team in his choice to not sign with them.

I get booing people who actually did something bad to the Sharks. I get booing guys who left the team or spurned them on less-than-civil terms. But John Tavares didn't owe the Sharks anything and didn't reject them in a malicious or jerkish way.

The way to respond to that is simply to move on and not pay Tavares any more mind. Booing him comes off as insecure and petty. If fans are supposed to boo every player that doesn't sign a FA contract with the Sharks, then there's gotta be a half-dozen players on every single team that "deserve" to get booed by those criteria.

Reactions: The Missing Piece

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Why? Campbell came here, talked about being willing to stay, went to free agency and said that it was "family considerations" that would dictate his choice, only to turn down a contract offer from his actual hometown team so he could take the bigger money in Chicago.

Tavars was a total free agent, the Sharks made a pitch, and ultimately it apparently didn't come down to money but to actually choosing to play for his hometown team. Plus it's not like he said awful things about San Jose or mocked the team in his choice to not sign with them.

I get booing people who actually did something bad to the Sharks. I get booing guys who left the team or spurned them on less-than-civil terms. But John Tavares didn't owe the Sharks anything and didn't reject them in a malicious or jerkish way.

The way to respond to that is simply to move on and not pay Tavares any more mind. Booing him comes off as insecure and petty. If fans are supposed to boo every player that doesn't sign a FA contract with the Sharks, then there's gotta be a half-dozen players on every single team that "deserve" to get booed by those criteria.

I would rather just worry about beating them and nothing else.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

I think, ultimately, you are right, but under your logic, Sharks fans had no business booing Ed Belfour, whose crime was bolting as soon as UFA period started after he was acquired by a terrible Sharks team at the deadline earlier that calendar year. IIRC, he may have said he was open to resigning, but left on July 1. But that doesn't mean you did a team dirty.

So the question is, who can we boo in terms of ex Sharks or never were Sharks?

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA

It's more the game he was playing at the expense of our franchise and fanbase in my opinion. In retrospect, Tavares used us to up his contract negotiations when he most likely had no intention of coming here from the start.

Reactions: ChompChomp

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Frederik Andersen | #31

G | 6' 4" | 230 lb | Age: 29
Toronto Maple Leafs
2018-2019 Regular Season

GPWLOTGAASv%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad