Status
Not open for further replies.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
what if it was eichel or forsberg? :naughty:

granted neither will play here, one nearly did, but both wear number 9 and are better players offensively.
Then they can pick a different number. Eichel has already done it once. Those players have no equity here and they aren't going to refuse to play for the Wild unless they get that number. I'm not even sure peak Forsberg is better than peak Koivu.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I sort of get doing it as a cheesy apology to the fans for the North Stars leaving, but man is it just awful 20+ years later. If they leave that up it's going to look even worse with an actual player number next to it.

Bob Naegele offered it as a gesture to the fans that were abandoned by the last NHL franchise in Minnesota. They should keep the banner to honor of Mr. Naegele and his family. He was a little sappy, but the man had good intentions. I was really happy to see a local owner step up to buy the new franchise after seeing the sh*t show from the carpet baggers of Gunds .. then Green.

I know this is a VERY UNPOPULAR opinion, but if you were of those fans who bought season tickets to see North Star games only to see the franchise suddenly pack it up, you might think differently about this banner.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Bob Naegele offered it as a gesture to the fans that were abandoned by the last NHL franchise in Minnesota. They should keep the banner to honor of Mr. Naegele and his family. He was a little sappy, but the man had good intentions. I was really happy to see a local owner step up to buy the new franchise after seeing the sh*t show from the carpet baggers of Gunds .. then Green.

I know this is a VERY UNPOPULAR opinion, but if you were of those fans who bought season tickets to see North Star games only to see the franchise suddenly pack it up, you might think differently about this banner.
Great post! Almost makes me wish they'd change it to a Naegele banner instead of "The Fans".

Reactions: a79krgm

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
It's the sort of thing that seems dumb to be annoyed by until I actually look at it. It's still probably dumb to be annoyed by it... but oi.

you are so right. it is so ...... dumb.

honor Koivu definitely. Have Finn night with pancakes if you like but keep the number

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Actually the fan number #1 is both dumb and cheesey.
Take it down.
The fans seem to get plenty of thanks.
Mikko Koivu?
Give him a day. Absolutely. Raffle off a sauna or something.
Keep the number.
The Wild may have a number before long that deserves to be retired.

North Stars banner? Entirely different. Not chessey at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
When is the right time to bump the terrible Stutzle vs Kaprisov poll to laugh at idiots. 20 games into year 2 with Kaprizov hitting career PPG seems right ... maybe wait til half way through.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gaudreau has to be out for a while- 10 days, is it, for Covid? Surely they will call Boldy up in case Zuccarello can't go Thursday? As much as I want to see Addison get some TOI, it can't be playing wing.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
When is the right time to bump the terrible Stutzle vs Kaprisov poll to laugh at idiots. 20 games into year 2 with Kaprizov hitting career PPG seems right ... maybe wait til half way through.
But, But, what if Stutzle wins the Hart, Rocket and Selke in year 3?

Just another one of those polls to add to the (very long) exhibit of why this site is terribly canadian biased in voting.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Gaudreau has to be out for a while- 10 days, is it, for Covid? Surely they will call Boldy up in case Zuccarello can't go Thursday? As much as I want to see Addison get some TOI, it can't be playing wing.
Depends on if it's a positive test vs contact type of thing I think

When was the last time Minnesota had a player in top 10 NHL scoring ? If ever ?
To lazy to check but stall had to be close when he scored 40

Guys? What in the dickens is going on with Hartman right now? Is this sustainable?
No. But enjoy it while it lasts.

I mean, he might sustain it for a season. Or something close. Don't expect it to be his new normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Brodin (11 pts), Dumba (11 pts) and Spurgeon (8 pts) are all in pretty good shape scoring wise and about where you'd expect them to be a quarter of the way through the season.

Adding Goligoski (14 pts), Kulikov (10 pts) and Merrill (8 pts) on top of that is pretty hilarious. Jon Merrill is pacing for like 30 points. He's had 30 points in the last 5 seasons combined.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe Guerin can find a way to get Fiala someone who's actually a winger, to maybe help him capitalize on some of these great games. If only there was someone like that readily available for Guerin to bring in.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Maybe Guerin can find a way to get Fiala someone who's actually a winger, to maybe help him capitalize on some of these great games. If only there was someone like that readily available for Guerin to bring in.
honestly with how last night went, why not put him with kap and hartman. i dont understand not making that line and letting them terrorize the yotes.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
When was the last time Minnesota had a player in top 10 NHL scoring ? If ever ?

Edit* Thought Gaborik might have been. Was wrong. He was #14 in 2007-2008. He was #10 in 2009-2010, but he was with New York then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad