Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
The plan has to be to have a competitive AHL squad for the prospects to build chemistry on. Rossi’s contract sliding another year gets us through all of the dead cap era with him on an ELC.

I have no f***ing clue how Duhaime/Rau fill in over Boldy though. I’m so tired of Fiala being mismanaged. Get Rask off his f***ing line.
Not sure if Rossi's contract slides this year if he is in the AHL? I forget if the NHL is alowing that this year?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
A beautiful gesture by the Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist's #30 will be retired on Jan 28th at MSG, when they'll play the Wild.

Henrik would like to have his close friend and former teammate Mats to be there :thumbu:

Reactions: Aurinko

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
A beautiful gesture by the Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist's #30 will be retired on Jan 28th at MSG, when they'll play the Wild.

Henrik would like to have his close friend and former teammate Mats to be there :thumbu:
I think Zucc should be present for any and all retirement parties. Clearly he's good friends with everyone in the league.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

I lean it helps sells tickets for the uninteresting out of conference game.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hey so just wondering about Boldy, does it look like he’s going to make the team?

I would lean heavily towards yes based on merit, but ultimately it's hard to say how Guerin/Evason want to handle him. I don't know what's left for him to prove, but there is the idea that he may be left in Iowa with Rossi, Addison, Beckman, etc to have a great AHL team, build a winning culture, and develop chemistry.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Next Years Lineup:
Kaprizov-Wright-Beckman
Boldy-Rossi-Fiala
Greenway(maybe)-Khusnutdinov-Hartman

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Team doesn’t look any worse to me than last years team. I’d bet they’re a playoff team, even though I hope they’re closer to a top 5 pick

I don't think the forward group looks any worse per say, but I am suspect of the defense being on the same level. Our goalies have had one of the easiest jobs in the league for years, albeit they (Dubnyk, etc) failed on several occasions but if the defense regresses, I think the goaltending will as well. At least when comparing to their play last season. Minnesota lead the league in limiting High Danger Chances Against, which may not be replicable. Could it be? Sure thing, I am just not convinced right now given we're replacing half the top 6. And god forbid any injury to the top 3, who knows what would happen.

My other fear is regression to the mean for many of our players, especially when it comes to shooting percentage. We had several players with "outlier" seasons, and our 5v5 shooting percentage lead the NHL last regular season handedly, which is pretty crazy when you look at our forward group and the lack of high-end skill. Foligno, Rask, Ek, and Brodin all had seasons where their shooting percentages doubled their career averages. (Foligno shot 27.5% and Ek 15.7%) Several other players were elevated as well.

I am not overly worried about the schedule being different because the central is not that strong, but 27 of our 35 wins were against California or Arizona. I am interested to see how we do against other (not necessarily) better competition. If we make the playoffs, I think it is a result of poor division over us being an actual playoff team.

** I like your name change!

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don't think the forward group looks any worse per say, but I am suspect of the defense being on the same level. Our goalies have had one of the easiest jobs in the league for years, albeit they (Dubnyk, etc) failed on several occasions but if the defense regresses, I think the goaltending will as well. At least when comparing to their play last season. Minnesota lead the league in limiting High Danger Chances Against, which may not be replicable. Could it be? Sure thing, I am just not convinced right now given we're replacing half the top 6. And god forbid any injury to the top 3, who knows what would happen.

My other fear is regression to the mean for many of our players, especially when it comes to shooting percentage. We had several players with "outlier" seasons, and our 5v5 shooting percentage lead the NHL last regular season handedly, which is pretty crazy when you look at our forward group and the lack of high-end skill. Foligno, Rask, Ek, and Brodin all had seasons where their shooting percentages doubled their career averages. (Foligno shot 27.5% and Ek 15.7%) Several other players were elevated as well.

I am not overly worried about the schedule being different because the central is not that strong, but 27 of our 35 wins were against California or Arizona. I am interested to see how we do against other (not necessarily) better competition. If we make the playoffs, I think it is a result of poor division over us being an actual playoff team.

** I like your name change!
Yeah the defense will be the interesting one with the no Soucy/Suter. If we regress, that’s where the first domino will fall.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Defense will be very interesting, no reason to panic if they don't gel right away but still I think our team defense and goaltending might be able to make up for the losses. Losing Suter was always going to hurt the first year, maybe two, but after that it was the absolute right move. Soucy while good was always replaceable.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Our goalies will suddenly become average, at best, as they start to face more shots from high danger areas, due to the lower quality of our new defense.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
i think our defense will be pretty comparable tbh. Suter and goligoski are nearly a wash. and kulikov is no slump on D
Idk, I wasn’t impressed with goligoski last year. Unless the rookies bring some fire, I’m expecting to miss the playoffs bc most teams improved, we added no one of note, and we play a full schedule of east coast teams.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Idk, I wasn’t impressed with goligoski last year. Unless the rookies bring some fire, I’m expecting to miss the playoffs bc most teams improved, we added no one of note, and we play a full schedule of east coast teams.

their metrics were very similar (suter vs goligoski) so hard to predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad