Minnesota Wild General Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s not even about all of our prospects, it’s just about Kaprizov. We don’t really know if he is going to pan out. He obviously has the skill, but it’s happened before that Russians can’t translate that to NA. it’s not that I think we’ll be in a rough spot, it think we have decent pieces in place to be a team that competes for the playoffs most years in the future, it’s that I still think we need that elite scorer, and we need very badly for Kaprizov to be that.

It's happened before that a player from any league couldn't translate to the NHL. Any Canadian league, NCAA, Sweden, Finland, AHL, etc...

If it happens with him, then it'll suck, and it'll be up to Guerin to deal with it.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Your top line is way, way off. Beckman-Khovanov-Hentges will be running roughshod over the league in two years.

We're not going to put 3 Centers on the top line. I like the balls but yea no. I do think we have a bright future with Beckman, Khovanov, Hentges all developing really well as Centers in their respective leagues (WHL, QMJHL, NCAA). I think Boldy and Hentges are still 3 years out from full-time NHL duties.

This is what we'll look like for 2021, assuming no major roster changes...

Zucker - Beckman - Fiala
Kaprizov - Byfield - Zuccarello
Greenway - Khovanov - Donato
Parise - Ek - Kunin

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We're not going to put 3 Centers on the top line. I like the balls but yea no. I do think we have a bright future with Beckman, Khovanov, Hentges all developing really well as Centers in their respective leagues (WHL, QMJHL, NCAA). I think Boldy and Hentges are still 3 years out from full-time NHL duties.

This is what we'll look like for 2021, assuming no major roster changes...

Zucker - Beckman - Fiala
Kaprizov - Byfield - Zuccarello
Greenway - Khovanov - Donato
Parise - Ek - Kunin

I was being a little sarcastic. My hope is that one of those guys becomes a top 6 C, and maybe one more finds a spot on the wing somewhere.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If Kaapo has another stellar game today I really hope he gets a chance to run with it. It's nice seeing young players in net and we are due for a system-developed goaltender. Last one was Harding. Still have this pic as my wallpaper on my MacBook Pro:
Harding-2.jpg

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
If Kaapo has another stellar game today I really hope he gets a chance to run with it. It's nice seeing young players in net and we are due for a system-developed goaltender. Last one was Harding. Still have this pic as my wallpaper on my MacBook Pro:
Harding-2.jpg

I loved Harding, one can just wonder how good he could have been had it not been for his health issues.
He seemed to have a lot of those flashy athletic saves, and i still remember his sick retro full leather TPS setup that he needed to get rid of because it attracted water from the ice which made them heavy as f***!

joshharding.jpg

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I like lefty goalies - was not aware that KK was one.

edit - oops, didn't realize both pics were JH.

Never mind!

Reactions: TaLoN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So 27 games is roughly 1/3 of the season. Here are the paces (games-goals-assists-points):

Staal 82-24-33-57
Zucker 82-27-24-51
Fiala 77-21-28-49
Suter 82-9-39-48
Spurgeon 82-9-39-48
Parise 82-36-12-48
Zuccarello 78-14-27-41
Koivu 82-6-30-36
Hunt 82-15-18-33
Eriksson Ek 79-3-30-33
Greenway 80-10-19-29
Kunin 81-16-12-28
Dumba 82-9-18-27
Brodin 82-3-21-24
Hartman 82-9-12-21
Donato 80-10-10-20

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We realistically have 11 players that can score 10 goals, that’s pretty good depth

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I recently saw someone recentlyrefer to Stalock as garbage - one man's trash is another's treasure I guess.

His performance is one of the reasons the Wild are playing so well now I believe. He hasn't been great, but just reasonably good makes a difference.

Reactions: 57special

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I recently saw someone recentlyrefer to Stalock as garbage - one man's trash is another's treasure I guess.

His performance is one of the reasons the Wild are playing so well now I believe. He hasn't been great, but just reasonably good makes a difference.
Stalock is still one of the worst goaltenders in the NHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

He deserves some credit for the team success the last week and a half.

Save percentages of:

.872 (against Boston, not sure that's all that bad, all things considered)

The 2nd goal earlier today was definitely not a good one, but those have been fewer and further between lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad