Minnesota Wild General Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Pens fans coming in peace to say I look forward to what Bill Guerin will do with the rebuild/retool.....I admittedly was not the biggest Billy G fan ( the Dupre for Lovejoy trade) but since then he was tasked with rebuilding our farm system with little to no draft picks and somehow he found a lot of the guys on display tonight so i cant believe I'm saying this but....Imagine what he will do with draft picks and a great scouting department. So the future i think will be bright for you guys.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Doesn't really matter when he was traded unless it was July 1, 2020 or later. One still doesn't have a whole lot to do with the other.

Should we have taken on Marleau to get an extra 1st? Probably.
Does that have anything to do with Spurgeon's salary or contract? No.
You are so lost right now. Trading Spurgeon this summer for futures would open up quite a bit of cap space. Using said cap space to acquire another 1st round pick might be helpful to a team looking to get younger.

In reality, Marleau was just a dumb example of a good use of cap space that I used to counter Dr. Jan's dumb example of a bad use of cap space.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My point is, we can turn this around as soon as next season with the incoming talent influx.

The Avs had the talent, but had coaching issues to resolve.

And my point is, that it's not so easy to alter the strategic course of a multi-million dollar enterprise based on the argument of "can". At least it's not so easy when you have zero dollars at risk.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You are so lost right now. Trading Spurgeon this summer for futures would open up quite a bit of cap space. Using said cap space to acquire another 1st round pick might be helpful to a team looking to get younger.

In reality, Marleau was just a dumb example of a good use of cap space that I used to counter Dr. Jan's dumb example of a bad use of cap space.

Please f***ing tell me what 'fair' years and 'fair' money for Spurgeon was so I can have a f***ing idea of what "way too long" and "way too much" actually means to you.

Reactions: SupremeNachos

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And my point is, that it's not so easy to alter the strategic course of a multi-million dollar enterprise based on the argument of "can". At least it's not so easy when you have zero dollars at risk.
I never said it was easy, I'm just saying there's no reason to believe right now that this needs a 4-5 year full on rebuild.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Please ****ing tell me what 'fair' years and 'fair' money for Spurgeon was so I can have a ****ing idea of what "way too long" and "way too much" actually means to you.
Spurgeon's best comparable has always been Ryan Ellis.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I never said it was easy, I'm just saying there's no reason to believe right now that this needs a 4-5 year full on rebuild.

The fact that you can't say that it's easy is the reason why there's a reason to believe that it wouldn't need a 4-5 year timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad