Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Sorry I'm just catching up. The shade BB is throwing is pretty legendary right now lol

BB is right.

This team lost its best center and was already short on RHS and true RWs, and Fenton gives him 2 more short LWs to work with and a bottom-6 center who is injured, while taking away 1 RHS RW and 1 LHS RW and a very good 5v5 winger with some agitation qualities.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I also think BB knows he is gone at the end of the season. He knows he is not Fenton's guy and Fenton is not helping him out.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I also think BB knows he is gone at the end of the season. He knows he is not Fenton's guy and Fenton is not helping him out.

Listening back on PA right now as well. Russo mentioned BB wasn't in the war room with Fenton. Stated that was the first time he's ever heard of that.

So ya, I'm guessing the GM and Coach are definitely not on the same plane right now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Depends how the vets left feel about the aftermath. Gotta think Zucker is still in a weird place knowing he was basically gone and certainly will be on draft night. Not sure a playoff push is best after this strip down.
Well, he could actually try playing better, and make Fenton's decision harder.

Crazy idea, I know.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Listening back on PA right now as well. Russo mentioned BB wasn't in the war room with Fenton. Stated that was the first time he's ever heard of that.

So ya, I'm guessing the GM and Coach are definitely not on the same plane right now.
What scares me is that Fenton seems to think he knows better than Bruce.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Can the team be worse to watch then they were all of February?
They'll probably be more fun to watch. Youthful, hungry, faster. Unless you are watching just for them to win. That's going to rest heavily on Dubnyk plus the new guys working out some fast chemistry.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sorry I'm just catching up. The shade BB is throwing is pretty legendary right now lol

The hype is coming directly from the GM trying to defend the trade. Russo said this would put a ton of pressure on the kid, and BB is basically speaking the truth of the situation.

If the GM is basically going to call the kid the savior, the kid better be able to back that up or the GM won't be around that long.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
There's a very long list of goalies that can do what Dubnyk does. IMO

Such as who?

It's easy to say we should get rid of someone, but who out there is available that would be just as good? Dubnyk is a top 5-10 goalie on a very reasonable contract. Paying someone that "does what he does" will cost us minimum $6 million cap space.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Such as who?

It's easy to say we should get rid of someone, but who out there is available that would be just as good? Dubnyk is a top 5-10 goalie on a very reasonable contract. Paying someone that "does what he does" will cost us minimum $6 million cap space.

Most statistical evidence suggests Dubnyk is an average(or slightly below average goalie) playing behind the best team defense in the league, which gives him the basic stats of a top 10 goalie.

Reactions: THE JAM and 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Such as who?

Just out of the guys set to be UFA this summer
Varlamov
Smith
Howard
Talbot
Elliott
Lehner
Mrazek

All guys that I feel could do what Dubnyk does in Minnesota, and do it for less than Dubnyk is making.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Most statistical evidence suggests Dubnyk is an average(or slightly below average goalie) playing behind the best team defense in the league, which gives him the basic stats of a top 10 goalie.
Well, i still remember what it was like pre-Dubnyk. Our world class team defense sure didn't help us much then.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well, i still remember what it was like pre-Dubnyk. Our world class team defense sure didn't help us much then.

I mean, i'm fine with Dubnyk mostly (or most years I should say, he's probably cost us 10 points this year). His contract is fine and largely in line with what he deserves.

I just don't think we need to pretend he's something he's not, and I don't think that 2pair is inaccurate when he says there are a number of goalies that could do what he does.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean, i'm fine with Dubnyk mostly (or most years I should say, he's probably cost us 10 points this year). His contract is fine and largely in line with what he deserves.

I just don't think we need to pretend he's something he's not, and I don't think that 2pair is inaccurate when he says there are a number of goalies that could do what he does.
Be honest, and remember the games where he saved our asses. There is NO WAY he cost us 10 points this season. He's a decent starting goalie who gets paid a reasonable amount. My main beef with him is that he doesn't come up big in the playoffs, but even there he is still decent...guys like Elliot, Allen, and Crawford were just better.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Be honest, and remember the games where he saved our asses. There is NO WAY he cost us 10 points this season. He's a decent starting goalie who gets paid a reasonable amount. My main beef with him is that he doesn't come up big in the playoffs, but even there he is still decent...guys like Elliot, Allen, and Crawford were just better.
even the worst goalie will save a b.c. teams ass at some point. I think this season the bad has far out weighed the good.

The ten points was an off the cuff number. But he's got an gsaX (goals saved above expectated) of -18. At 3 goals a win, that's 12 points he's cost us.

Now it's obviously not a direct translation like that, but in think it's fair to say he's cost ha between 8 and 15 points.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haven't seen a thing from Aberg that would make me think he should have a spot on the team next year.
I think you put the word "next" when you really meant to put "this". Although it could be a move of quiet genius playing him, for tank purposes.

No, seriously, he didn't look 100%. Was stumbling, falling, and looking much slower than his first couple of games.

Reactions: Nsjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad