Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Listening back on PA right now as well. Russo mentioned BB wasn't in the war room with Fenton. Stated that was the first time he's ever heard of that.

So ya, I'm guessing the GM and Coach are definitely not on the same plane right now.
Listening to Nanne this kind of thing isn't uncommon. Varies by team it sounded like.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's making 5+M/yr. I have zero sympathy for him. You wanna stay here? Play better(and i like the guy and his game). He's a man now, and has to play like one. Lead us into the playoffs!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Listening back on PA right now as well. Russo mentioned BB wasn't in the war room with Fenton. Stated that was the first time he's ever heard of that.

So ya, I'm guessing the GM and Coach are definitely not on the same plane right now.

I don't read much into that. You see players pulled of the ice mid-practice because they've been traded. and the HC is on the ice at the time.

I see it as more of Fenton wasn't interested in adding a rental this year; which is where the HC input would be more useful. I also don't think Fenton likes the locker room mentality/mindset/chemistry the Wild have had all year, so he doesn't care about upsetting that; which is another area where the HC Should/could be useful.

I do agree that Fenton's and BB's vision for the team isn't on the same page. Rask, Donato, and Fiala aren't the heavy forecheck/cycle BB likes to have.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Dallas does have two games in hand on us I believe. But yeah it's a mess...crazy how at the beginning of the season I pretty much thought nothing of the Pacific division now they probably have the best three teams in the West with San Jose, Calgary and Vegas. This has got to be the worst the Central division has looked in quite some time...maybe ever.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Great news that your GM was trading you for a pick and a cap dump. Zucker is a professional and getting paid a lot of money, but never easy working for an organization that wants you gone.
Nothing like the thrill of being shot at and missed.

It'll be very interesting to see how Zucker responds. He can play fast and likes to shoot, so he fits pretty well with what Fenton's been preaching lately. If he can finish the season strong it's not impossible that he sticks around.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dallas does have two games in hand on us I believe. But yeah it's a mess...crazy how at the beginning of the season I pretty much thought nothing of the Pacific division now they probably have the best three teams in the West with San Jose, Calgary and Vegas. This has got to be the worst the Central division has looked in quite some time...maybe ever.
I'm not all that thirsty for a playoff spot, but considering our March schedule if we do make it I don't actually hate our chances of winning a round.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

It'll be very interesting to see how Zucker responds. He can play fast and likes to shoot, so he fits pretty well with what Fenton's been preaching lately. If he can finish the season strong it's not impossible that he sticks around.
I think with the ED coming, Fenton wants all the flexibility possible. Zucker and his soon to be limited NTC works against that. Zucker is a goner in the offseason.

Notice, Staal's deal has him a pending UFA that offseason. No need for him on the protection list.

Fenton has the luxury of plenty of advanced warning on the ED rules that Fletcher didn't have, and he's already working towards it.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think with the ED coming, Fenton wants all the flexibility possible. Zucker and his son to be limited NTC works against that. Zucker is a goner in the offseason.

Pretty much agree with this. If Zucker can finish the season red-hot, he could become a valuable asset come draft day and allow Fenton to jump higher into the 1st round to get one of the top center prospects.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think with the ED coming, Fenton wants all the flexibility possible. Zucker and his son to be limited NTC works against that. Zucker is a goner in the offseason.
Does the NTC really affect the expansion draft much? I thought you were only forced to protect NMC's. It limits trade options down the road some, but it's only 10 teams.

I think it's more likely that Zucker goes than stays, but at this point my only complaint about him is the handedness thing and that doesn't seem like a high priority for Fenton.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Does the NTC really affect the expansion draft much? I thought you were only forced to protect NMC's. It limits trade options down the road some, but it's only 10 teams.

I think it's more likely that Zucker goes than stays, but at this point my only complaint about him is the handedness thing and that doesn't seem like a high priority for Fenton.
It limits flexibility.

We all saw how Staal's limited NTC did the same this season.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Free agency not withstanding, he still fits in our top 9 winger situation for at least another year (before Kaprizov comes over):

Parise
Fiala
Greenway
Kunin
Donato
Zucker

Yes, a lot of lefties, but whatever.

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
See my edit
I gotcha. It does do that and if Fenton's absolutely positive that he does not want Zucker on this team he should do it before that clause kicks in. But if the response to all this turnover is that he pops in 7 or 8 goals in March I wouldn't be so hasty to just get rid of him. Trade him for something we need more, sure.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Free agency not withstanding, he still fits in our top 9 winger situation for at least another year (before Kaprizov comes over):

Parise
Fiala
Greenway
Kunin
Donato
Zucker

Yes, a lot of lefties, but whatever.
And if we're talking Frolik+1st the handedness is moot anyway. Then it's just a LW downgrade and a piece that might help in like 5 years.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I think Fenton just wants to get guys that fit his vision for the team right now. If it means having 8 LW and 6 LD on the roster for the time being so be it. They'll get weeded out over the next couple of years (except ZP who is here forever).

Reactions: Bazeek

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So Parise is hurt after blocking a shot last night.

'Give something back': Kevin Fiala out to make Wild's trade...

After the game, Parise went to the Jets’ X-ray room. On Wednesday, Parise went to get further pictures and tests to see the extent of the damage, so as of now it’s unclear if he’ll be able to practice Thursday and Friday or play in the upcoming games starting Saturday in Calgary.

LAINEC

Mar 15, 2018
Candyland
I allways liked Finnesota i remember Waltz, Laaksonen, Nummelin, Koivu... i am so sad Fenton trades Granlund away . Fiala is good but... I have alot good memories. :D i wish you good luck for future.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
He's making 5+M/yr. I have zero sympathy for him. You wanna stay here? Play better(and i like the guy and his game). He's a man now, and has to play like one. Lead us into the playoffs!
Really showing your 'Old Man' status now. I bet back in your day if you were bullied and asked for help it meant you were a p***y and you walked to school up hill both ways. What someone makes has nothing to do if one should or shouldn't show sympathy for another person. The fact that you obviously don't care about someones well being makes me glad I only see you on a message board.

Reactions: Nharris31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad