Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
It would defy all logic if the Wild pulled out a bunch of W's and actually made the PO's :laugh:
i personally would welcome it.. the kids would play with nothing to lose and not know any better than just to play. In some respect, i hope they surprise everyone and takes us there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yep, he's the only one. Poor kid is going to get picked on at training camp

We've got a righty PP triggerman right now that is (hopefully) going nowhere. Another potential in Kunin. Outside of that, I'm not sure how much it matters. If the players are worth a damn, they'll figure it out.

Reactions: Wabit

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It would defy all logic if the Wild pulled out a bunch of W's and actually made the PO's :laugh:

Not really. For as much as Granny was loved, he wasn't producing much; he had what 5p (5v5) in the last 25 games? Coyle had 3g/3a in his last 20 games. Those are numbers I'd expect out of Foligno not skilled players.

Kids getting their 1st real chances and meaningful minutes in the NHL can do some surprising things, and it's only a 3 or 4 team race for 2 Playoff spots. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost most every game, or they won pulled off a 12-6-1 record the rest of the way.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So common timeframe would have Koivu expected back around October/November next year I believe. Maybe he just misses a little time then? I guess I'm glad it happened earlier in the year instead of in March.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
So common timeframe would have Koivu expected back around October/November next year I believe. Maybe he just misses a little time then? I guess I'm glad it happened earlier in the year instead of in March.
I do not think it is wise to rely on Koivu next year.

I would pencil him in for the bottom-6 after the new year, but no more.

Reactions: 57special

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
I don't get what we're going for here? Went from a team loaded with LS wingers and short on centers to a team loaded with younger more questionable LS wingers. and no centers?

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't get what we're going for here? Went from a team loaded with LS wingers and short on centers to a team loaded with younger more questionable LS wingers. and no centers?
If we've learned anything from the past few weeks it's that Fenton does not give a flying **** about handedness. Frankly I'm not sure that he's wrong about that, either. Not having right shots sucks on the powerplay, but we've got Dumba, Kunin and Spurgeon. If we really, really need another right shot forward there we do have Aberg.

Nothing to do now but see how it all fits together.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
If we've learned anything from the past few weeks it's that Fenton does not give a flying **** about handedness. Frankly I'm not sure that he's wrong about that, either. Not having right shots sucks on the powerplay, but we've got Dumba, Kunin and Spurgeon. If we really, really need another right shot forward there we do have Aberg.

Nothing to do now but see how it all fits together.
Ok but someone has to play center.I mean who are we sure can play center next season?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ok but someone has to play center.I mean who are we sure can play center next season?
Staal, Koivu, Ek and Rask. Koivu and Rask being down does force one of Kunin, Greenway or Donato (presumably?) to center, but that might be an experiment worth doing anyway.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Lots of questions there. If staal is to old and game falls off. If koivu can recover from this injury at his age and still play at this level, and rask? Well that's just a joke at this point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Or call up COR.

I don't have a huge problem with the direction that Fenton has taken, which is selling off all the mid 20's forwards( I'm assuming that Zucker is gonzo at the first opportunity). Some quibbles about Coyle and Granlund. What I have a problem with is the return in the trades. Rask is awful when he can see the ice, Donato is athletically challenged, and Fiala is a big question mark. It seems like we accepted less value for players in order to get players who could play right now, rather than picks/ prospect with higher potential who would need more time to develop. What's the f***ing hurrying? Does anyone really think that these players are going to take us places that Nino, Coyle, MiG, and Zucker couldn't?

I hope these moves weren't made to appease Leipold and his wish to be always competitive. If not, and this is all Fenton, then he certainly has a lot to answer for. He got rid of mediocrity in it's prime for younger, cheaper, but worse mediocrity. He should've been loading up on picks. And don't even get me started on positions, size, and handedness. WPG is going to eat us alive.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Lots of questions there. If staal is to old and game falls off. If koivu can recover from this injury at his age and still play at this level, and rask? Well that's just a joke at this point.

Rask has done nothing for us to this point and has had a putrid season....but does that mean he isn't capable of giving us more next year? He turns 26 soon, so he' still young. He's had a couple of seasons where he was knocking the door on 50 points....shouldn't we at least expect him to produce in the 40 - 50 point range moving forward?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Rask has done nothing for us to this point and has had a putrid season....but does that mean he isn't capable of giving us more next year? He turns 26 soon, so he' still young. He's had a couple of seasons where he was knocking the door on 50 points....shouldn't we at least expect him to produce in the 40 - 50 point range moving forward?

Not from the spot that he'll be playing. Unless Koivu sees some setbacks, he's the 4th line center next year. At best 3rd line with (hopefully) limited-to-no power play time. That's probably a 30 point player at best.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
If that's the case I don't see why a change of scenery wouldn't have him jumping like we're seeing in donato. He just seems apathetic in his game wherever he plays. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad