Minnesota Wild General Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

P10p

May 15, 2012
so we should be in the dark about everything team related? clueless.

This isn't some government conspiracy. This is a hockey club where leaked info could give us a real disadvantage. This is how business works everywhere. For you to come on here and call people out as being clueless really shows how clueless you are...

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if there were no sports writers or news reporters then the team wouldn't get any coverage which would result in less fans then less popularity then a possible relocation or team folds.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
if there were no sports writers or news reporters then the team wouldn't get any coverage which would result in less fans then less popularity then a possible relocation or team folds.
whats that have to do with injury leakage? you can write and report on performance, a win or loss, what went well in the game or what went bad, prospects coming up, possible free agents. injuries are not a must read. we can all speculate an injury just as well as a reporter can so whats the need for it?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fenton has absolutely no obligation to Russo. Russo had it made when Fletcher was here, reporting on basically everything. Can't get mad at Fenton for just having a different management style that doesn't include Russo
If a GM doesn't think that part of his job is PR, then he shouldn't be doing the job. And while it might feel good for time, treating reporters like the enemy is going to backfire on you longterm, unless you win a hell of a lot of games. Winning cures all.

What's wrong with a little bit of charm, gladhanding, and salesmanship? Hell, HS coaches have to indulge in it.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im really tired of posters who enjoy ripping other peoples opinions but never stick their neck out. i have no problem saying what i would do if i were gm.

P10p

May 15, 2012
really, that's very interesting insight. thank you soooo much.

Why are you so hostile? Close the page walk away from the internet for a bit and when you come back dont call everyone clueless sheep if you cant handle a little clapback.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
because everyone likes ripping & bashing but very few stick their necks out. lately mods haven't told posters to stick to hockey & don't rip others.

P10p

May 15, 2012
because everyone likes ripping & bashing but very few stick their necks out. lately mods haven't told posters to stick to hockey & don't rip others.

And you were also the first one to throw insult, giving us the title of clueless and clueless sheep if we have the audacity to go against your opinion. Makes sense...

Reactions: 2Pair

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Cut the drama, ain’t got time to read all that. You got a hockey question for myself or others just post it and you’ll likely get a reply. No sense bashing one another.

Reactions: Wild11MN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If a GM doesn't think that part of his job is PR, then he shouldn't be doing the job. And while it might feel good for time, treating reporters like the enemy is going to backfire on you longterm, unless you win a hell of a lot of games. Winning cures all.

What's wrong with a little bit of charm, gladhanding, and salesmanship? Hell, HS coaches have to indulge in it.
Fenton does do his share of PR, he just doesn't do what Fletcher did for Russo, so now Russo is crying about it. Add in the fact that Russo decided not to honor Fenton's request that the media not disclose information about injuries, and here we are.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Russo and Fenton get along. Actually find Russo's childish tantrums entertaining.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fenton doesn't have any standing to request that the media not disclose any information that they come across, including injuries. If he wants to turn an unreasonable request into a reason to be petulant, then that's his prerogative I guess.

I'm sure Russo is/will be disappointed with a lack of direct access, but will end up being fine with getting information from other teams and throwing it back at Fenton.

Reactions: Wild11MN and Bazeek

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fenton does do his share of PR, he just doesn't do what Fletcher did for Russo, so now Russo is crying about it. Add in the fact that Russo decided not to honor Fenton's request that the media not disclose information about injuries, and here we are.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Russo and Fenton get along. Actually find Russo's childish tantrums entertaining.
Fenton doesn't have any standing to request that the media not disclose any information that they come across, including injuries. If he wants to turn an unreasonable request into a reason to be petulant, then that's his prerogative I guess.

I'm sure Russo is/will be disappointed with a lack of direct access, but will end up being fine with getting information from other teams and throwing it back at Fenton.

I think this aptly describes both sides of the issue

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
you didnt really say much to the entire roster. what are you doing with fiala ek and donato? hunt and bitetto? nico sturm? with a healthy koivu staal ek sturm and rask what lineup are you running? how much do you plan to pay spurgeon when his contract is up? by keeping zucker who goes down to iowa or are you putting a young player on the 4th line to destroy them? if this team isnt good enough what UFA are you pursuing to improve us with the current cap we have?

I know you’re not talking to me, but I’ll stick my neck out, as it were.

Fiala: 4-5 years, 4-5M. Could be a steal if he breaks out, but won’t hurt too bad if he’s a 40-50 point player for most of the deal either.
Donato: 2-3 years, 3M bridge contract. Go prove you can do it for a couple full seasons. Hasn’t proven as much as Fiala, so shouldn’t be signed for a high AAV, which means he won’t sign long term.
Ek: 2 years, 2M. I don’t know what to say. Kid needs to start producing.

Bitetto can walk
Hunt can stay for 800k or less

Sturm: 2 years, 1M. Gives him a chance to prove he deserves more on the next contract.

Lineup:

Parise-Staal-Fiala
Donato-Kunin-Greenway
Rask-Koivu-Eriksson Ek
Foligno-Sturm-plug

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Spurgeon
Seeler-Hunt
Mennell
Belpedio

I’d pay Spurgeon up to 6.5 on a 5 year deal. Though I question if he wouldn’t sign for 6.

Zucker is gone, that’s not a concern.

Try to sign Duchene. IF we do, lineup looks like:

Donato-Duchene-Fiala
Parise-Staal-Kunin
Rask-Koivu-Greenway
Foligno-Sturm-Eriksson Ek

Again, Zucker is gone.

It will get really interesting when/if Kaprizov, Sokolov, etc start knocking on the door. We don’t have enough wing spots for all the mostly mediocre wings we have. Assuming Kaprizov is the only one we should plan for, we’ll have to find a way to dump Rask to open up a spot for him. Unless Koivu is planning on retiring after his contract is up, in which case Rask can slot to 3C. I hesitate to jettison guys like Rask and Eriksson Ek because Koivu and Staal could both be gone in 2 years, and then we’ll be hurting for centers.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
How does everyone feel about hall, assuming we don’t sign any big names this summer and draft high next year? He has injury problems and is a Left handed winger, but he would be the best player our franchise has ever seen. Plus people love leaving NJ for MN.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How does everyone feel about hall, assuming we don’t sign any big names this summer and draft high next year? He has injury problems and is a Left handed winger, but he would be the best player our franchise has ever seen. Plus people love leaving NJ for MN.

Would love to sign him but it would involve some creative movement of our left wings

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I know you’re not talking to me, but I’ll stick my neck out, as it were.

Fiala: 4-5 years, 4-5M. Could be a steal if he breaks out, but won’t hurt too bad if he’s a 40-50 point player for most of the deal either.
Donato: 2-3 years, 3M bridge contract. Go prove you can do it for a couple full seasons. Hasn’t proven as much as Fiala, so shouldn’t be signed for a high AAV, which means he won’t sign long term.
Ek: 2 years, 2M. I don’t know what to say. Kid needs to start producing.

Bitetto can walk
Hunt can stay for 800k or less

Sturm: 2 years, 1M. Gives him a chance to prove he deserves more on the next contract.

Lineup:

Parise-Staal-Fiala
Donato-Kunin-Greenway
Rask-Koivu-Eriksson Ek
Foligno-Sturm-plug

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Spurgeon
Seeler-Hunt
Mennell
Belpedio

I’d pay Spurgeon up to 6.5 on a 5 year deal. Though I question if he wouldn’t sign for 6.

Zucker is gone, that’s not a concern.

Try to sign Duchene. IF we do, lineup looks like:

Donato-Duchene-Fiala
Parise-Staal-Kunin
Rask-Koivu-Greenway
Foligno-Sturm-Eriksson Ek

Again, Zucker is gone.

It will get really interesting when/if Kaprizov, Sokolov, etc start knocking on the door. We don’t have enough wing spots for all the mostly mediocre wings we have. Assuming Kaprizov is the only one we should plan for, we’ll have to find a way to dump Rask to open up a spot for him. Unless Koivu is planning on retiring after his contract is up, in which case Rask can slot to 3C. I hesitate to jettison guys like Rask and Eriksson Ek because Koivu and Staal could both be gone in 2 years, and then we’ll be hurting for centers.
dont hate any of that. i dont wanna move rask or ek simply because i do want those 2 centers to be gone, age more so than skill, and hopefully they can bridge the gap until we do have a young replacement if we dont draft one or trade for one. 11 of 12 forwards being lefties really really bugs me though. as much as handedness isnt a huge factor in skill n such we need more than one. i agree on hunt simply because i like his shot on the pp, if he is cheap keep him otherwise i would much rather bring up soucy, mennel, belpedio. start grooming some young guys to make some kind of impact. id be willing to pay spurgeon 7 if it comes down to it but front loaded for sure.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
would love him, as AKL said would need a lot of moving parts to make it work. i dont like how many lefties are in our forward group currently. need to get at least 3 righties in our lineup so its not so heavily lefties.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd bridge all of the younger guys, 2 to 3 years. I'm not too worried about that biting us in the ass. If it does, it's a good problem.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well if your asking my thoughts on the 4th line i'd play rask 4C until we can dump him. i'd move robson & sturm to iowa . i think we need a face puncher like foligno on the 4th. i would not mind waiting till the following summer to try & sign hall (quality ) assuming we could not land Duchene for 6.5 mill. that would give us one more year hopefully missing playoffs & getting decent draft picks. then when kaprizov gets here go for it. i like hunts skating , i don't like bitetto so dump him. give another iowa player a shot like belpedio or other D. stalock was ok but i'd try and trade him to make room for KK. just my one cent.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad