Minnesota Wild General Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I've got Spurgeon on a 6 year extension at $6.5 million per year. Same cap hit % as Ryan Ellis and ends at the same age. Ellis is an 8 year deal but starts when he's 2 years younger.

I'd pay it without question.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
well if your asking my thoughts on the 4th line i'd play rask 4C until we can dump him. i'd move robson & sturm to iowa . i think we need a face puncher like foligno on the 4th. i would not mind waiting till the following summer to try & sign hall (quality ) assuming we could not land Duchene for 6.5 mill. that would give us one more year hopefully missing playoffs & getting decent draft picks. then when kaprizov gets here go for it. i like hunts skating , i don't like bitetto so dump him. give another iowa player a shot like belpedio or other D. stalock was ok but i'd try and trade him to make room for KK. just my one cent.
I appreciate the one cent. Keep giving it

Reactions: zellmatic

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
well if your asking my thoughts on the 4th line i'd play rask 4C until we can dump him. i'd move robson & sturm to iowa . i think we need a face puncher like foligno on the 4th. i would not mind waiting till the following summer to try & sign hall (quality ) assuming we could not land Duchene for 6.5 mill. that would give us one more year hopefully missing playoffs & getting decent draft picks. then when kaprizov gets here go for it. i like hunts skating , i don't like bitetto so dump him. give another iowa player a shot like belpedio or other D. stalock was ok but i'd try and trade him to make room for KK. just my one cent.
what you doin with our RFA?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
How does everyone feel about hall, assuming we don’t sign any big names this summer and draft high next year? He has injury problems and is a Left handed winger, but he would be the best player our franchise has ever seen. Plus people love leaving NJ for MN.
His team always wins the draft lottery, so I would do whatever it takes to acquire him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zach Parise believes he can get back to his 30-plus goal form, a benchmark he likely would have reached this season if not for knee and foot injuries late in the year.

Hearing this stuff makes my head ache. Parise will be 35 when the season starts next year, and hasn't scored 30 goals, or played a full season, in the past 4. He has had foot, back, knee, and sternum injuries. I appreciate his effort, but expecting him to be a 30 g scorer is overly optimistic, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: 907campbell

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Zach Parise believes he can get back to his 30-plus goal form, a benchmark he likely would have reached this season if not for knee and foot injuries late in the year.

Hearing this stuff makes my head ache. Parise will be 35 when the season starts next year, and hasn't scored 30 goals, or played a full season, in any of those 4. He has had foot, back, knee, and sternum injuries. I appreciate his effort, but expecting him to be a 30 g scorer is overly optimistic, no?
The optimistic part is expecting him to play a full 82, which would almost certainly be necessary.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Hearing this stuff makes my head ache. Parise will be 35 when the season starts next year, and hasn't scored 30 goals, or played a full season, in any of those 4. He has had foot, back, knee, and sternum injuries. I appreciate his effort, but expecting him to be a 30 g scorer is overly optimistic, no?
i think he can hit 30 without playing 82.. the sad part is we need him to play the full 82

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever hits 30 again. We were impressed all season at how he was able to stay healthy, and then he still had injuries at the end.
I just don't see it.

P10p

May 15, 2012
He was so close last year in a seaon where we were atrocious offensively. I can definitely see him getting there. The problem is it really doesn't matter at all for the Wild. Him scoring 30 isn't going to fix and of our deeper problems.

Reactions: 57special

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever hits 30 again. We were impressed all season at how he was able to stay healthy, and then he still had injuries at the end.
I just don't see it.

Right now -- he is probably the only player on the team who could hit 30 IMO. Zucker is effectively good for 25. And Staal will never hit that goal touch like he did 2 years ago. The other ones have yet to prove they can even pot 20. FFS, Spurgeon and Dumba had more goals than the forwards this year (Greenway was tied with Dumba -- who had not played since what? Mid Dec?)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Has Greenway ever been a goal scorer? Like anywhere? I mean, we are talking about a guy who scored 28 total times in 112 college games. For a reference, Kunin scored 41 times in 69 games playing for a much worse team than Greenway. Greenway’s not gonna be a 25+ goal scorer unless some dramatic development happens.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Right now -- he is probably the only player on the team who could hit 30 IMO. Zucker is effectively good for 25. And Staal will never hit that goal touch like he did 2 years ago. The other ones have yet to prove they can even pot 20. FFS, Spurgeon and Dumba had more goals than the forwards this year (Greenway was tied with Dumba -- who had not played since what? Mid Dec?)

I’d bet Dumba could hit 30 once in his career

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Has Greenway ever been a goal scorer? Like anywhere? I mean, we are talking about a guy who scored 28 total times in 112 college games. For a reference, Kunin scored 41 times in 69 games playing for a much worse team than Greenway. Greenway’s not gonna be a 25+ goal scorer unless some dramatic development happens.

12 isn’t a horrible start if you’re thinking 25 as a max.

zellmatic

Sep 25, 2013
Minnesota
If Greenway can score 18+ next year, that would be a nice progression at his age. He uses his body so well along the boards. Would be good to see him do that around the net more.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If Greenway can score 18+ next year, that would be a nice progression at his age. He uses his body so well along the boards. Would be good to see him do that around the net more.

That effectively puts him in the wheelhouse of Coyle's replacement then. He only had 1 season over 20 goals, and his first "full year" he scored 12 as well.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That effectively puts him in the wheelhouse of Coyle's replacement then. He only had 1 season over 20 goals, and his first "full year" he scored 12 as well.
Honestly, I see his production being like Coyle’s... I just hope his physical game goes above and beyond that.

Reactions: BigT2002

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Honestly, I see his production being like Coyle’s... I just hope his physical game goes above and beyond that.
I would be completely fine with greenway being a 20 and 20 3rd line left wing. I just hope we don’t get caught in the same cycle we were in with the 2010 core that involved Coyle and Nino not having set spots.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be completely fine with greenway being a 20 and 20 3rd line left wing. I just hope we don’t get caught in the same cycle we were in with the 2010 core that involved Coyle and Nino not having set spots.

It's definitely going to happen. Too many guys who are all at around the same level as players.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Fletcher doesn't get enough crap for trading Tuch. He is sooo good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad