Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Might be the PTSD talking but I’m glad they won’t get bounced in the first round again. Hot goalie, missed chances, too many bad penalties,…..I’m ok with a year off from the inevitable gut punch.

Reactions: BagHead

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Might be the PTSD talking but I’m glad they won’t get bounced in the first round again. Hot goalie, missed chances, too many bad penalties,…..I’m ok with a year off from the inevitable gut punch.
At this moment, I’m not sure we will make it next year if the plan is to have the same goaltenders.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My world is now grey.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
At this moment, I’m not sure we will make it next year if the plan is to have the same goaltenders.
It's either have the same goaltenders, or have one of those guys and a rookie who has played 3 games and is going to have ups and downs as he works his way into the big boy game.

So unless you're thinking they keep one and sign a cheap backup, it's gonna be a rough ride with our 3 options right out of the gate.

I just hope Wally is given many more chances next season.....a season btw, that is pretty much a throw-away season. It just is what it is.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's either have the same goaltenders, or have one of those guys and a rookie who has played 3 games and is going to have ups and downs as he works his way into the big boy game.

So unless you're thinking they keep one and sign a cheap backup, it's gonna be a rough ride with our 3 options right out of the gate.

I just hope Wally is given many more chances next season.....a season btw, that is pretty much a throw-away season. It just is what it is.
I trust Wallstedt more than I trust Gus or MAF. That’s where I’m at lol

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018

Isn’t it awesome that the wilds version of throwaway seasons inevitably mean doing everything in their power to win meaningless games and draft 15th?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Isn’t it awesome that the wilds version of throwaway seasons inevitably mean doing everything in their power to win meaningless games and draft 15th?

The only way to have avoided winning these meaningless games would've been to trade away Kaprizov, Boldy and Ek.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No, it isn't awesome. And it will be 14th.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Man Talbot and his agent is having the last laugh at Minnesota; Gus has been bad this season with a 3.06 GAA and a .899 SV% while only playing 45 games. Talbot has 53 GP and with a .915 SV% and a 2.46 GAA.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Man Talbot and his agent is having the last laugh at Minnesota; Gus has been bad this season with a 3.06 GAA and a .899 SV% while only playing 45 games. Talbot has 53 GP and with a .915 SV% and a 2.46 GAA.
I’m guessing Gus will have the last laugh given his age.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

I dont agree with that at all, Especially if Yurov comes next year.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

And Talbot's numbers from last year are about the same as Gus's from this year. Goalies are a crapshoot, I'll take the one who's 12 years younger.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Are you saying that the Wild are as bad as the Senators?
Talbot did well for Minnesota, Gus did even better for Minnesota, and then this year when Minnesota took a big step back Gus did worse. Meanwhile Talbot joined a better team and did much better than the year before. This year his results were mostly in line with his results in Minnesota.

Certainly there are degrees of bad, but it seems like being on a team that is bad defensively is bad for goalies, and being on a team that is good defensively is good for goalies, and the degrees of badness are less important.

To your point, I don't think the Wild were as bad defensively this year as Ottawa was last year, but I don't think they were significantly better either.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Much rather have gus, talbot is like 50.
And still putting up good numbers. Guerin lost a lot of goodwill with how he handled the Talbot situation.

Honestly, Talbot at 1 million is better than Fleury at 2.5 million (or even 3.5 million) or Gus at 3.75 million. But even then I wouldn't really want any of the goaltenders until they get their team straightened out.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I can’t watch another year of this. Depth scoring needs to improve and goaltending needs to be average

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I can’t watch another year of this. Depth scoring needs to improve and goaltending needs to be average
Depth scoring can't be improved when you give half the team NMC's and have millions tied up in dead cap space. It is what it is. Next year is gonna be rough. The following season should be a lot more interesting.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not really feeling a lot of hope for next year. I know we'll have some good players coming up and a few may even make the team, but I feel like it's another year out before I may buy in again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad