Minnesota Wild General Discussion - 2023-24

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Since its the offseason and we got nothing to talk about - here's my copium:

- Rossi comes in and lights it up like Jason Robertson (he came into the NHL in his +5 year after his draft, Rossi is on his +4) and scores 45 points, becomes a regular on the 1st/2nd line. Kyrou also took his sweet time.

- Johansson keeps up his pace and scores 50-60 points in 80 games

- Faber comes in better than Dumba, stronger defensively and moves the puck better, 25 points and top #3 minutes (above Middleton)

- Walker/Beckman comes in and surprises everyone as a solid offensive option on the 3rd line (Beckman scores 15 goals or Walker scores 30 points)

And then we make playoffs. Good day

Last edited:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

- Rossi comes in and lights it up like Jason Robertson (he came into the NHL in his +5 year after his draft, Rossi is on his +4) and scores 45 points, becomes a regular on the 1st/2nd line. Kyrou also took his sweat time.

- Faber comes in better than Dumba, stronger defensively and moves the puck better, 25 points and top #3 minutes (above Middleton)

- Walker/Beckman comes in and surprises everyone as a solid offensive option on the 3rd line (Beckman scores 15 goals or Walker scores 30 points)

This team on paper should finish with 80 points, but they’ll somehow end up with 100+ again.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

- Rossi comes in and lights it up like Jason Robertson (he came into the NHL in his +5 year after his draft, Rossi is on his +4) and scores 45 points, becomes a regular on the 1st/2nd line. Kyrou also took his sweet time.

It was J Rob's d+4 draft year the he broke into the NHL (age 21): 2 years in the CHL, 1 year in the AHL, then NHL full time.

We just need Evason to believe the regular season doesn’t end until July.

I'm pretty sure he already believes that. It's not like he changes things up at all once the post season starts.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild open the season at home vs Florida

It's a strange schedule.
-Game 15 is the 1st Division game.
-Going to Sweden and losing a 2 weeks in the middle of Nov makes the rest of the season very compact.
-16 (if I counted correctly) back-to-back game
-5 of the last 6 games are on the road.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It's a strange schedule.
-Game 15 is the 1st Division game.
-Going to Sweden and losing a 2 weeks in the middle of Nov makes the rest of the season very compact.
-16 (if I counted correctly) back-to-back game
-5 of the last 6 games are on the road.
Wouldn't want them to be rested for the 1st round of the playoffs, they might accidentally break their streak.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Is anyone even remotely interested in that celeb hockey game the Wild are doing? They're advertising it like crazy, and I have a hard time believing that anyone cares about it at all.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Is anyone even remotely interested in that celeb hockey game the Wild are doing? They're advertising it like crazy, and I have a hard time believing that anyone cares about it at all.
I just want to see how Mauer does on skates. Other than that, no.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I've seen a couple social media posts about it and I could not possibly care less. I read about it what it was and who would be there after the fourth or fifth post I saw, but that's as much interest as I had.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How is the trip to Sweden going to work in Nov for the cap? I mean will they be allowed to take a couple extra players as a taxi squad type of situation?

Last year the overseas NSH/SJS series took place in the league preseason so the cap and roster size wasn't a issue.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't see it as overpayment because 15% is about standard when talking about minimum raise.

$750,000 ELC
$925,000 (23% raise)
$1,100,000 (19% raise)

Exactly 15% would be $1,063,750 so I think its a fair deal for both sides.
Wrong order.

The $925k was the ELC and the $750k was the 2nd contract.

Duhaime just got a 47% raise.

Reactions: Circulartheory

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Overpayment is overpayment.
Oversimplification is oversimplification.

200k is less than 2 million, and is less worth getting worked up about than 2 million would be. As it constitutes 0.24% of the cap, even if you care about it 100x that amount, you only care about it with 22.4% of the anger you could normally muster.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oversimplification is oversimplification.

200k is less than 2 million, and is less worth getting worked up about than 2 million would be. As it constitutes 0.24% of the cap, even if you care about it 100x that amount, you only care about it with 22.4% of the anger you could normally muster.
I’m 88% with you.

Reactions: BagHead

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Hey guys! Canucks fan here. didn't know where else to post this but i had a quick question.
I wasn't overly pleased with the Canuck's Sousy / Cole signing however while i was looking at their stats, I noticed that in 2020 / 2021 season they both played for the Wild.
You guys have been stacked on deal for what seems like forever so if figured they'd have minor roles. However to my surprise, both Soursy and Cole led the team in +/-. (plus 22 and plus 21).
Wth is that about? Were they fed bottom pairing minutes together and the forwards just roasted everyone while these guys collected +'s ?

Cheers!

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Hey guys! Canucks fan here. didn't know where else to post this but i had a quick question.
I wasn't overly pleased with the Canuck's Sousy / Cole signing however while i was looking at their stats, I noticed that in 2020 / 2021 season they both played for the Wild.
You guys have been stacked on deal for what seems like forever so if figured they'd have minor roles. However to my surprise, both Soursy and Cole led the team in +/-. (plus 22 and plus 21).
Wth is that about? Were they fed bottom pairing minutes together and the forwards just roasted everyone while these guys collected +'s ?

Cheers!
It was bottom pair minutes yes and they most likely were held up to an extent from forward player a good two way game but they are not terrible players. Soucy can bring the boom and has some offense to his game just not anything you overpay for. I don’t recall Cole being great but he can move the puck up ice at least and has experience.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Wrong order.

The $925k was the ELC and the $750k was the 2nd contract.

Duhaime just got a 47% raise.
That would have made negotiations super interesting. On Duhaime's side, you can make an argument, "I was paid 950k on ELC, thats my quote. Now that I'm a regular and I gave you a discount/paycut last two years, you have to meet my quote + raise".

I think $1.0mil would have been my magic number and think that's where the arb would have landed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad