Post-Game Talk: Minnesota Wild at New York Rangers 10/27/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
First off, Neil got no games. Secondly, thes hits aren't remotely the same. Neil came from behind and targeted the head, while Moore's check was from the front and targeted the chest! I can't stress this enough, THERE WAS NEVER CONTACT WITH HAULA'S HEAD! It was a text book open ice hit. Players need to keep their head up!

Point taken. HFNYR doesn't need dumbed down, overly extreme examples like the main board does.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Uhm

He hits him straight in the head, I cant be the only one that's seeing this?

I saw it from the beginning, Moore may not have led with his elbow, but he made contact with the player's head.

Moore is getting a face to face hearing on Wednesday--that means he's facing a 6+ game suspension (if it were a phone hearing, he'd be facing 1-5 games). And since this is the first suspension of the season, I'm afraid they will be looking to make a statement.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I saw it from the beginning, Moore may not have led with his elbow, but he made contact with the player's head.

Moore is getting a face to face hearing on Wednesday--that means he's facing a 6+ game suspension (if it were a phone hearing, he'd be facing 1-5 games). And since this is the first suspension of the season, I'm afraid they will be looking to make a statement.

Not true. He had the option to do it in person. Wanted it to stay a phone hearing.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY

Please show us the frame, any frame in which Moore makes contact with his head.

SupersonicMonkey*

Moore's elbow was up. If he kept his elbow down on the follow through it wouldn't be an issue.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Not true. He had the option to do it in person. Wanted it to stay a phone hearing.

Who has the option? Don't think it's the player. And I mis-read Gross' post, the meeting has not been finalized yet.

Rangers defenseman John Moore will have a disciplinary hearing with the NHL regarding supplemental discipline for his high hit on the Wild’s Erik Haula in Monday night’s wild 5-4 comeback win at Madison Square Garden.

Moore, coming in with his shoulder and arm, caught Haula in the Rangers’ zone at 7:12 of the second period.

Initially, it was believed the hearing would be via telephone, which would have meant a suspension of five games or fewer. However, it’s not most likely Moore faces an in-person hearing, most likely on Wednesday, that could be a suspension of six games or more.

So, yes, a suspension is a virtual certainty here. No time or date has yet been finalized for the hearing.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/john_moore_to_face_disciplinary_hearing/

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Does that make it right? Was Chris Neil's hit on Boyle more or less viscous than Moore's hit on Haula? No pun intended. Lol

I'm not going to sweat over what I can't control--the league controls this process. And two wrongs don't make a right. Whether Neil should have been suspended has very little to do with this situaiton. The league will see a head-shot and will act.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Nash has been an absolute monster this season. So good to see it cause I thought the guy was toast. Nice job big fella.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
He did. Neil was never suspended in his career.

Yeah, which is insane IMO. Hags got 3 hits for his errant elbow to the back of Alfie's head and Neil got nothing for that one... :shakehead

Neil is a headhunter, nothing less and nothing more.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Moore's elbow was up. If he kept his elbow down on the follow through it wouldn't be an issue.

I don't really like to focus too much on elbow/no elbow. Moore hits him in the head though, that is not good. What I think should speak in Moore's favor is that he de facto lines this Hanula guy up in a situation where its 100% fair to hit him, then something happens and Moore just follows through.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Yeah, which is insane IMO. Hags got 3 hits for his errant elbow to the back of Alfie's head and Neil got nothing for that one... :shakehead

Neil is a headhunter, nothing less and nothing more.

Complete ****ing joke of a suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad