GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 7:00pm CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
My theory is they are running the d pairings as they are because they want to see if we could run a top four of

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Dumba

next year. They're shopping Brodin for #1C if Granlund doesn't take a step forward.

Yup, you heard it here first.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting theory.

More likely we're preparing for a Spurgeon-less defense.

J22*

My theory is they are running the d pairings as they are because they want to see if we could run a top four of

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Dumba

next year. They're shopping Brodin for #1C if Granlund doesn't take a step forward.

Yup, you heard it here first.

Except that all offseason the plan was for Scandella to be on the 3rd pair. It only changed after Brodin-Dumba was terrible. Dumba made Scandella look pretty bad tonight as well.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Except that all offseason the plan was for Scandella to be on the 3rd pair. It only changed after Brodin-Dumba was terrible. Dumba made Scandella look pretty bad tonight as well.

That's not important, we know Scandella can play in the 2nd pairing. Spurgeon plays with Suter se they can assess the viability of that top pairing. Brodin plays with Dumba to maybe boost Brodin's offense and increase his trade value.

It's a long shot but IF Spurgy looks good, Dumba looks good, and Granlund looks bad...it's a possibility.

J22*

That's not important, we know Scandella can play in the 2nd pairing. Spurgeon plays with Suter se they can assess the viability of that top pairing. Brodin plays with Dumba to maybe boost Brodin's offense and increase his trade value.

It's a long shot but IF Spurgy looks good, Dumba looks good, and Granlund looks bad...it's a possibility.

Well, that plan went to shit pretty quickly.

I agree with your theory that the D-pairs are what they are so that they can assess who can play with who and where. I think they know that they wont be able to keep everybody and will need to trade someone. I'm just not sure that I agree with you that they already know that Brodin is the guy they want to move.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
No class sending that Granlund gooning again. Destroyed Kesler. :sarcasm:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Just finished watching the game. What can I say.. it was a good game, it was a great away game. Koivu's line was on fire, Zukcer and Nino were amazing, Parise did his job, but Pominville has been really invisible. Granlund had a couple of gems but overall something between Parise and Poms. The team just couldn't score tonight, no matter what.

They played against a desperate team, and tonight that other team had all the puck luck. All the luck they have been missing since the season started. Their bit shaky goalie could stop almost all the pucks. Some day a team like Ducks just have to pull it off, tonight they did. If you have swapped goalies tonight, it would've been a massacre, or something. Dubnyk was shaky and unlucky. Khudobin was shaky at first but very lucky. Ducks got away with some amount of interference too. Nothing special there, that's their game. Been like that for a while.

I don't know.. so far when the Wild don't play their best game, they'll win in the end. When they do, they'll lose. Hopefully they're not starting to think like that, because that's when the downwards spirals happen. Poor confidence, bad habits, bad decisions, no team play.

But instead if they keep going on like this, no problems. This was just a bad result.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
im still upset we lost to both LA & ducks. good teams find a way to win. we didnt.

Did you watch the game last night?

Yes, it sucks we didn't get two points. However, if we play 82 games like we did last night, we're a cup contender. Absolutely dominated, but couldn't find any puck luck. It happens. :)

J22*

The D-pairings are the way they are because no one wants a dumba/folin/prosser 3rd pairing.

I'm pretty confident that isn't the reason, but if it is, both Yeo and Wilson need a swift kick in the nuts. I think they just want to see what Brodin looks like on the left side.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I'm pretty confident that isn't the reason, but if it is, both Yeo and Wilson need a swift kick in the nuts. I think they just want to see what Brodin looks like on the left side.

Dumba and Folin play the same side. If they're paired together then our two weakest (so far) and most inexperienced defensemen are paired together, one playing his off-side. Otherwise we'd have to have Prosser play the left side with one of Dumba/Folin and Prosser had a rough game/career.

J22*

Dumba and Folin play the same side. If they're paired together then our two weakest (so far) and most inexperienced defensemen are paired together, one playing his off-side. Otherwise we'd have to have Prosser play the left side with one of Dumba/Folin and Prosser had a rough game/career.

I know what side they play. It makes zero sense to break up an outstanding top 4 just to appease your worst defenseman. If that really was the thinking, wouldn't it have made a ton more sense to let Prosser go in the offseason and re-sign Leopold or a similar LH dman?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
im still upset we lost to both LA & ducks. good teams find a way to win. we didnt.

Can't win them all, man. I mean, what were we doing the first three games of the year? Because we certainly didn't deserve those wins. I, personally, would say that we "found a way to win." In your own words, that makes us a good team, and you should think so, because the 15-16 Wild are definitely a good team. The Blackhawks lost games last year like the one we just went through, and they won the cup. All teams lose sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad