WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Bengtsson has now singlehandedly caused two goals.

I hope this idiot commentator isn’t getting any whc games. Jesus christ mistaking FUS for Holtz.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Yeah, feels like Bengtsson is playing himself out of the running for #6 D. Heed and Nemeth are probably the front runners now depending if you want offensive or defensive option.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, feels like Bengtsson is playing himself out of the running for #6 D. Heed and Nemeth are probably the front runners now depending if you want offensive or defensive option.
Possibly even Liljegren.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Possibly even Liljegren.
Yeah, he'd slot in nicely.

I am hoping for at least Holmberg or Järnkrok to strengthen the center position. JEE - Holmberg - Lundeström - L. Johansson would be decent for this tournament and allows slipping MoJo to wing. Neither Ehn nor Vejdemo feels like WC material to me. Not gonma lie, FUS has looked good at C today, but I doubt that is realistic

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, he'd slot in nicely.

I am hoping for at least Holmberg or Järnkrok to strengthen the center position. JEE - Holmberg - Lundeström - L. Johansson would be decent for this tournament and allows slipping MoJo to wing. Neither Ehn nor Vejdemo feels like WC material to me. Not gonma lie, FUS has looked good at C today, but I doubt that is realistic
Linus Johansson is so overrated. He’s supposed to be good defensively yet every time he’s on the ice sweden seem to get pinned in their own end.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
First line stopped working in the third?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
That has to be the bye bye Sörensen moment. So dumb.

Unger Sörum has not been as good in the third. Still though pretty intriguing.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Olofsson is guaranteed a spot but yeah Frödén should 100% make it over Sörensen.
Yeah, I dislike Sörensen so much. He is good at the EHT level, but as soon as the competition steps up a level, he can't hang. However, he seems to be a Hallam favorite, so I think he will be on the final roster.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Olofsson is guaranteed a spot but yeah Frödén should 100% make it over Sörensen.

Yeah but that doesn´t mean he can´t be benched right? Olofsson should not be anything more than 13th forward in my book. Especially if Nylander and Nyquist makes it.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Dahlin has made such a huge difference tonight, starting the attacks from the backend. If Karlsson ans Hedman can have a similar impact, uhf I like our chances

Yeah but that doesn´t mean he can´t be benched right? Olofsson should not be anything more than 13th forward in my book. Especially if Nylander and Nyquist makes it.
Well I predicted when he was announced he would be healthy scratched when tje knockout games begins. I have not seen anything to change that prediction. Hallam benched Berggren in the QFs last year and we had a much weaker them and Berggren is a better player

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Gus and Wallstedt are gonna be 1 and 2 probably. Was not expecting that.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Really hope Nylander comes so Raymond can get easier matchups. Nylander will tear up this tournament no matter what.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
We will probably not use more than six defenders initially and the third pairing might be Nemeth - Pettersson. This mean we can have two defensemen ready to step in. AND that we can use 15 forwards. AND that we can wait for Hampus Lindholm or Gustav Forsling. Even 16 forwards if we are incredibly cool and they are needed.

If Olofsson plays (he didn't seem to win one battle) it must be on a line with a PK duo seeing limited ice time. Olofsson, not the duo. Or he gets in shape deep in the tournament.

Burakovsky - Nylander - Raymond
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Nyquist
Johansson - Lundeström - Zetterlund
Sörensen - Johansson - Friberg
(Nygård - Olofsson - Ehn - Frödén - Holtz)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad